Our skin texture says a lot about us! In fact, our skin shows how much we care about ourselves.
If you live a healthy lifestyle, the skin aged gracefully. BUT why settle for less, if you know you can defy ageing without breaking your bank? The million dollar question is, HOW?
Dr. Targett recommendsMicrodermabrasion.
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, light cosmetic procedure that uses a mechanical medium to gently exfoliate the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis. It uses two parts: (1) an exfoliating material like crystals or diamond flakes, and (2) a machine based suction to gently lift up the skin during exfoliation.
Top 5 Common Skin Problems You Can Solve With Microdermabrasion
1. Hyperpigmentation. This concern is one of the most common consultations we get! Hyperpigmentation of the skin is caused by an over-production of melanin by the skin’s pigment-producing cells, called the melanocytes. Hyperpigmentation is commonly caused by damage-induced inflammation, sun damage and hormonal changes. Microdermabrasion removes the surface layer of skin, speeds up cell turnover to replace the lost cells, healthier skin cell renewal, and boosts the production of collagen.
2. Uneven skin tone. What? Aren’t they the same as hyperpigmentation? No, but most likely, hyperpigmentation have caused uneven skin tone. The most common forms of uneven skin tones are age spots, freckles, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and melasma. Microdermabrasion directly affects the outer layer of skin causing it to break away, aiding in lightening or removal of the unwanted pigments – revealing a healthier and an even skin tone.
3. Blackheads and notorious breakouts. Microdermabrasion strips dirt plugs, also known as the blackheads, out from your pores by a combination of mild skin abrasion and suction. The layer of skin that comes off is very fine but it has no live cells. The wand or crystals used in microdermabrasion abrade the skin while the vacuum sucks up any dead cells and dirt that clog your pores. When used in notorious breakouts, microdermabrasion needs stronger suction to unclog all of the pores because the sandblasting cannot get in that deep on its own.
However, if you are suffering from moderate to severe acne, Dr. Targett will guide you to another course of acne treatment because microdermabrasion can do more harm than good and could cause permanent damage in the skin.
4. Enlarged pores. Enlarged pores is not a serious condition but it affects a serious confidence issue. One of our patients has said, “Make them look you into your eyes rather than on your large pores!” Well, the good thing about microdermabrasion is that the suction effectively pulls out the dirt and hardened oil from the pores. Then, it stimulates collagen production which increases elasticity in the skin and when the natural oil reaches the surface of the skin, the pores return to their natural shape and size as there’s nothing left stuck inside to enlarge the pores. All you got is a smooth, beautiful and healthy skin texture.
5. Fine lines and wrinkles. Start early. Don’t wait till you see fine lines and wrinkles until you seek Advanced Cosmetic Medicine’s magical touch! Call us at 0403-690-031 for a FREE consultation or visit us at 55/55 Melbourne Street, North Adelaide.