Dr Rahma Targett
Trust Your Face to Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine
When considering having any cosmetic medicine treatment it is important to consider the doctor performing such treatments to optimize results. Dr Targett has a passion for the art and science of cosmetic medicine. Your procedures are always performed by Dr R.Targett a doctor with specialty training in Aesthetic Medicine with American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM). Dr Targett is registered with AHPRA and is a member of RACGP, giving you confidence that you will receive a high standard of care.
What Causes Age Spots?
Age spots are the result of an excess production of melanin, or skin pigment. Doctors don’t always know why age spots develop. Skin aging, sun exposure, or other forms of ultraviolet (UV) light exposure, such as tanning beds, are all possible causes. You’re most likely to develop age spots on the areas of your skin that receive the most sun exposure, including:
- your face
- the back of your hands
- your shoulders
- your upper back
- your forearms
Who Is at Risk for Age Spots?
People of any age, sex, or race can develop age spots. However, they are more common in people with certain risk factors. These include:
- being older than 40 years old
- having fair skin
- having a history of frequent sun exposure
- having a history of frequent tanning bed use
What Are the Symptoms?
- range from light brown to black in color
- have the same texture as the rest of your skin
- are painless
- are usually on sun-exposed areas of the skin
How Are Age Spots Diagnosed?
Your doctor will usually diagnose age spots by looking at your skin.
If your doctor is worried that a dark area isn’t an age spot, they may perform a biopsy. They will remove a small piece of skin and check it for cancer or other abnormalities.
How Are Age Spots Treated?
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
- 1 Age Spots Adelaide
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 Trust Your Face to Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine
- 4 Book a complimentary consultation today
- 5 What Causes Age Spots?
- 6 Who Is at Risk for Age Spots?
- 7 What Are the Symptoms?
- 8 How Are Age Spots Diagnosed?
- 9 How Are Age Spots Treated?
- 10 Our Location