Dr Rahma Targett
Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine
What Are Bio Stimulation Dermal Filler Made From?
Bio stimulation dermal fillers are made from very small calcium based microspheres which are suspended in a water based gel substance. Allergy to these microspheres is not a problem because they are made from similar minerals that are found naturally in the body. It is not necessary to perform allergy testing before administering this product. The microsphers and gel and absorbed naturally over time by the body, leaving behind only natural collagen.
Why Do I Need Bio Stimulation Dermal Fillers?
The ageing process is affected by many different factors. Factors such as genetics, lifestyle including smoking , diet and sun exposure all determine how quickly you will age.
The signs of ageing include; loss of facial volume, loss of muscle volume, droopy appearing skin, large pores, hollows in the cheeks and temples, general lines and wrinkles. Pigmentation is also another issue with ageing.
From about age twenty upwards we start losing the structural proteins such as collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid from our skin.
Traditional dermal fillers work by injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin which helps bind water and plump the skin. This works very well, except that it is only effective for around three months.
Bio stimulation dermal fillers work by inducing the production of the body’s own natural collagen thereby having a much longer term and lasting effect. This gives bio stimulation fillers a great advantage over traditional fillers.
What is The Mechanism of Action?
1) Bio Stumulation dermal fillers are made up of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an water based gel carrier.
2) After injection, the product not only provides immediate corrections and increased volume to the area treated, but also helps to stimulate the production of natural collagen by the body.
3) Over time only the natural collagen will remain since the body will naturally metabolise the CaHA and the gel suspension.
Collagen is an important building block for healthy and youthful appearing skin. It will give your skin a natural volume as well as ironing our wrinkles to give your skin a smoother and more youthful appearance.
Why Should I Choose To Have Bio Stimulable Dermal Fillers?
1) It has an immediate effect replacing lost volume and it stimulates the production of natural collagen.
2) The results have been clinically proven to last for more than one year.
3) Patients are known to have high satisfaction from using this product.
4) It can be mixed with lidocaine a local anaesthetic to help reduce the pain of the injections.
5) Produces immediate and long lasting results to smooth out your wrinkles.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Dermal fillers with biostimulation are great for filling large static lines and folds;
- Helps to volumise, contour and shape the face
- Nasolabial folds
- Chin and cheek augmentation
- Rejuvenate the hands
- Marionette lines
What Happens During the Procedure?
You will usually meet with Dr Targett prior to the procedure for her to discuss with you your suitability for bio stimulation dermal fillers and to discuss the look you are trying to achieve and formulate a treatment plan.
On the day of the procedure you will be required to sign consent form detailing any risks no matter how small, associated with the procedure. The first step is to thoroughly cleanse your face. An anaesthetic cream will then be applied to help ensure that the procedure is as comfortable as it possibly can be for you. Dr Targett will then perform the dermal filler injections according the treatment plan and the desired look that you are trying to achieve. This process usually takes around thirty minutes. You will be asked to come in two weeks after your treatment for Dr Targett to assess the success of the treatment and to make any adjustments if required.
When will I See The Results?
The results are usually seen immediately after the procedure, due to the filling ability of the gel. There may be some swelling and bruising immediately after the procedure, so the best results may be seen two weeks after having the procedure.
How Long Will The Results Last?
The results have been shown to last for over one year, making this product an attractive proposition. As the microspheres and gel are reabsorbed by the body, new collagen is laid down adding natural volume to the skin with lasting results.
What Are The Contraindications to Bio Stimulation Dermal Fillers?
Do not use this product if you;
1) Have an allergy to Calcium Hydroxylapatite.
2) Have severe allergies, or allergies to lidocaine.
3) Have a bleeding disorder.
4) If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Doctor Before Having This Treatment?
Please tell your doctor if you are taking aspirin or warfarin or other such medications that thin the blood. These medications interfere with he clotting of the blood and you will be more likely to experience bleeding and bruising at the site of the injection.
Please provide a full medical history to your administering doctor including diseases, allergies, past injuries and disabilities. Please also tell your doctor if you suffer from excessive, raised scarring.
What Are The Most Common Adverse Reactions to This Product?
The most common adverts reactions to Bio Stimulation Dermal Fillers are; itching, swelling, bruising, redness, pain, lumps and bumps, difficulty using hands if injected into the hands, loss of sensation and other local side effects. These adverse reactions are mostly temporary and will pass with time.
Before and After
Visit Our Home Page For Dermal Fillers
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
- 1 Bio Stimulation Dermal Fillers
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine
- 4 What Are Bio Stimulation Dermal Filler Made From?
- 5 Why Do I Need Bio Stimulation Dermal Fillers?
- 6 What is The Mechanism of Action?
- 7 Why Should I Choose To Have Bio Stimulable Dermal Fillers?
- 8 What Areas Can Be Treated?
- 9 What Happens During the Procedure?
- 10 When will I See The Results?
- 11 How Long Will The Results Last?
- 12 What Are The Contraindications to Bio Stimulation Dermal Fillers?
- 13 What Should I Tell My Doctor Before Having This Treatment?
- 14 What Are The Most Common Adverse Reactions to This Product?
- 15 Before and After
- 16 Visit Our Home Page For Dermal Fillers
- 17 Skin Rejuvenation
- 18 Our Location