What is Skin Needling?
Phase one is the application phase and involves using the MDerma needling device and applying it to the skin. This caused hundreds of very small punctures, causing micro trauma to the problematic area.
Phase two is the healing phase whereby the skin begins to heal itself, producing healthy skin cells, new collagen and elastin.
Phase three is the post treatment phase. The skin becomes rejuvenated and appears tighter, fuller and fresher and eliminates fine lines.
What Is Skin Needling Used For?
- Enlaged pores, dull skin, fine lines
- All types of scars including acne scars.
- Plumping the skin with new collagen to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Dr Rahma Targett
Trust Your Face to Physician Only Injectors
When you consider having a skin needling treatment, it is very important that you consider the person performing the cosmetic injections, so as to optimize results. At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine your cosmetic injections will always be performed by Dr Rahma Targett, a specialist doctor trained in Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett travels the world to stay up to date with current cosmetic medicine techniques and procedures.
How Does The MDerma Skin Needling Device Work?
It uses sterile and disposable needle cartridges that can only be used once, for optimal patient safety. Each cartridge has multiple needles which oscillate back and forth that cause small micro channels in the skin, stimulating the natural production of collagen. Topical agents may be applied to the skin such as Factor 4 autologous serum or different vitamin infusions. The micro channels carry the topical nutrients, feeding the cells in the dermis and basal layer, accelerating the regeneration of the epidermal cells.
The Procedure Explained
Please arrive to your appointment without any makeup on. The skin is first cleaned and numbing cream is applied and left on for about thirty minutes. This will help minimise the discomfort experienced during the procedure. Most patients rate the discomfort about three out of ten.
The skin is then treated with the needle device so that the device covers each area about fifteen times. Your face wil experience an even flushing. The flushing and redness may last for up to a day on average. Most clients are able to return to their normal activities after the procedure with the help of some mineral makeup.
The procedure will normally take about forty five minutes to complete.
How Does The Procedure Compare to Laser Rejuvenation?
Both treatments initiate a healing response that results in a healthier, younger appearing skin. Both treatments stimulate elastin and collagen production, resulting in healthy glowing skin. Laser uses light energy to generate a heat injury beneath the skins surface. Skin needling on the other hand uses needles to make micro channels in the skin, thus causing a healing response.
Advantages of micro needling include;
1. leaves the skin surface intact, so there is a lower risk of infection and scaring.
2. It does not use heat, so there is less risk of hyperpigmentation
3. Laser can cause uneven pigmentation and flare ups of melisma or rosacea.
4. Laser treatments can be more painful and take longer to heal
5. Skin needling allows adjustable depth catering for individual skin types and conditions.
How Many Treatments Are Needed?
We recommend a series of three treatments, with each treatment being performed five to six weeks apart. Scar treatment may need up to six treatments to receive the optimal outcomes. Yearly follow up treatments are also recommended to maintain the results.
When Will I Start To See Results?
After the first week the skin should feel more hydrated. You may also get some skin peeling which can help fade hyperpigmentation.
The main goal is collagen and elastic formation to plump the skin. This takes time. The results are gradual and accumulative. Over an eight week period most patients report improvements in skin texture and skin colour. It is important to complete the full series of treatments to see the maximum benefit.
When Is Skin Needling Contraindicated?
· You must wait two weeks after having injectable filer or anti wrinkle injections performed.
· Treatment is not to be done on raised moles warts or infected lesions.
· If the patient is pregnant
· Active outbreaks of acne or herpes.
· Patients with diabetes or wound healing deficits.
What Is The Post Treatment Care?
For the fist two days;
· Do not use acidic skin care products, glycolic acid or retinol
· Do not rub or touch your face as you may introduce infection
· Do not use spray on tans
· Avoid makeup
· Avoid sun exposure
Before & After
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031