Dr Rahma Targett
Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine
Diagnosing The Cause of Your Weight Loss Problem
Obesity is a complex disease that requires a variety of treatment options. No single treatment will work for everyone. That is why we take the time to listen to your goals and understand your life situation before developing a program that will work for you. Dt Targett has years of experience specializing in medical weight management. We are committed to providing you with a solution that will help you lose weight, improve your health, and give you a greater sense of well-being in everything you do.
Key Features of Our Weight Loss Programs
- Addresses health care issues which arise when individuals are overweight, such as high blood pressure and diabetes
- Monitors and adjusts existing medical treatments as conditions improve with weight loss
- Prescribes appetite suppressant medication or other medications to assist with weight loss where necessary
- Ensures fat loss while conserving muscle mass for maximum sustainable results
- Uses metabolic testing an monitoring to ensure maximum safe weight loss is achieved according to your metabolic rate
Healthy Weight Loss
Healthy weight loss is not about a ‘diet’. It’s about making changes to your lifestyle by adopting healthy eating patterns and having a more active lifestyle (and sitting less). You are more likely to be successful at keeping the weight off when the changes you make to your lifestyle are healthy, realistic and sustainable.
If a person is overweight or obese, even small amounts of weight loss (5 per cent of bodyweight, for example 5kg for someone that weighs 100kg) can have a range of health benefits such as improved blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugars.
Making changes to your diet and physical activity can also have health benefits that are independent of weight loss including increased energy, better sleep and reduced risk of depression.
Having a doctor monitor you on your weight loss journey can help you keep on track and stay motivated. The health benefits of maintaining a healthy weight are enormous.