“BE-YOU-tiful” has been trending since the birth of Instagram to raise awareness on women empowerment by encouraging women to uncover and accept themselves completely.
How about if we apply that values in our own skin? It doesn’t matter if you are a man or a woman. Just uncover your skin. No tons of makeup nor concealers, are you happy with what you see? What we’re trying to convey here is to embrace your own skin, literally! After all, happy skin is happy you!
Tips To Have The BE-YOU-tiful Skin You’re In
1. Wash your face with gentle cleanser in the morning and don’t forget to exfoliate at night if you are wearing tons of makeup. If you have sensitive skin, exfoliate at least once or twice a week. While forgetting to wash your face for one night is unlikely to cause lasting damage to your skin, one night is all it takes to clog pores and cause a breakout especially for individuals who have acne-prone and sensitive skin.
2. Resist Smoking. Cigarettes suffocate the skin, it contains carbon monoxide, which displaces the oxygen in your skin, and nicotine, which reduces blood flow, leaving skin dry and discoloured. Cigarette smoking also depletes many nutrients, including vitamin C, which helps protect and repair skin damage, hence, the appearance of dull, saggy and grayish skin colour.
3. Healthy Lifestyle. Sweat life, greens and drink water. Exercise increases blood flow, helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital. Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to working cells throughout the body, including the skin. Furthermore, adding green leafy vegetables makes your skin clearer and younger with a healthy glow. Green leafy vegetables are rich in alpha lipoic acid (ALA), it has a high concentration of antioxidants that fight the free radicals which causes aging, it also acts as an anti-inflammatory, decreasing under-eye circles, puffiness, redness, and blotches, while minimizing the appearance of wrinkles. Lastly, hydration. Flash out any toxins by drinking water.
4. Smile. It requires less muscular movement to smile than frown and it’s good for the soul.
5. Don’t cover your acne with makeup. We’ve seen this many times on social media where makeup gurus are encouraging people to cover up their acnes, please refrain from applying them when your skin is breaking out. Yes, it is covered for a while but why spend your whole life hiding under disguise? There are many reasons why you have acne – it could be an allergic reaction, hormonal or stress. You have to understand the causes of your acne and our advice is to get a treatment plan with a skin doctor. Once you get your acne treatment plan in place, you can use makeup to cover your pimples while you’re waiting for them to heal. After that, you are FREE from hiding the Be-YOU-tiful skin you’re in!
For all your skin concerns and other cosmetics needs, we’ve got you un-covered towards a more BE-YOU-tiful skin you’re in!
All you have to do is call or visit us!