Is Medically Managed Weight Loss Right For You?
Obesity has a huge impact on health and wellbeing. It’s only natural that your doctor plays a role in promoting a healthy body weight and healthy body image.
If a person is overweight or obese, even small amounts of weight loss (5 per cent of bodyweight, for example 5kg for someone that weighs 100kg) can have a range of health benefits such as improved blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugars. Just to name a few.
Making changes to your diet and physical activity can also have health benefits that are independent of weight loss including increased energy, better sleep and reduced risk of depression.
This holistic approach to weight loss is best treated by a GP who can supervise the program from end to end, at every level. Treatment is likely to entail lifestyle change, education, regular exercise and medication if required.
Dr. Targett offers medically managed weight loss programs through Advanced Cosmetic Medicine and Trinity Gardens Medical. She is an expert in identifying the underlying cause of weight gain and the inability to lose weight. She provides safe, effective treatment options to help patients towards to a healthy, sustainable weight as well as positive body image. Treatments are evidence based, tailored to each individual, and focused on a broad range of health outcomes…not just on weight.
The medical benefits of healthy weight management:
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Decreased risk of heart disease
- Decreased risk of certain cancers
- Improved mobility
- Decreased joint pain
- Improved blood sugar levels
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Reduced back pain
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Decreased risk or improvement in symptoms of sleep apnea
Key features of our weight loss programs:
- Addresses health care issues which arise when individuals are overweight, such as high blood pressure and diabetes
- Monitors and adjusts existing medical treatments as conditions improve with weight loss
- Prescribes appetite suppressant medication or other medications to assist with weight loss where necessary
- Ensures fat loss while conserving muscle mass for maximum sustainable results
- Uses metabolic testing an monitoring to ensure maximum safe weight loss is achieved according to your metabolic rate
For more information on medically managed weight loss programs available at Advanced Cosmetic Medicine, read more here.
Book a consult with Dr. Targett to discuss a weight loss program that’s tailored for YOU. Call 0403 690 031 or BOOK ONLINE here https://advancedcosmeticmedicine.com.au/contact-us/
Note: results may vary from patient to patient. Please consult your physician and/or healthcare professional to determine if this treatment is right for you.
Featured image from NaturalLivingIdeas.com