Look Good At Any Age! Here are Five Things You Need to Know About Dermal Fillers
Muscle relaxing injections and dermal fillers may be on the same boat to satisfy our aesthetic goals, but these treatments are two different kinds of cosmetic injectables.
Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to restore the loss of volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance a facial feature or contours. According to America Board of Cosmetic Surgery, more than one million men and women annually have chosen this popular facial rejuvenation treatment, because it is the cost-effective way to look younger without surgery or downtime, like the anti-wrinkle injections.
As we age, our skin changes. Sun exposure, diet, lifestyle, hormonal changes, and of course, the “sort of scary” life stage called aging can all impact our skin’s appearance. Over time, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. Our lips volume begins to lose their natural, full shape is due to localized depletion of collagen. Scary as can be but at the age of 35, the number of bone regenerating cells in the face decreases, as well. Gradually, the bone around our eyes widens, leading to eye hollows and flattened cheeks.
Worry not because like anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers come into rescue! They’re our anti-ageing besties.
Here are 5 Things You Need To Know About Dermal Fillers
1. At Advanced Cosmetic Medicinewe only use fillers made from Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance that is already present in the makeup of our skin. It is found naturally throughout the body, with the highest concentrations in the joints, eyes, and skin. In the skin, hyaluronic acid attracts water, which allows the skin to become more hydrated.
Injectable Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a type of temporary dermal filler. It works by attracting water to keep our skin hydrated, producing a plump youthful appearance. Hyaluronic acid fillers are a soft and gel-like material that moulds well under the skin.
2. The effects of injectable Hyaluronic Acid are seen immediately. Although the results aren’t permanent, it lasts for six to twelve months or before the body gradually and naturally reabsorbs the filler material. Meaning, you get to enjoy your youthful appearance before you come to see us again.
As we age, the fat, muscles, bone, and skin in our face begin to thin. This loss of volume leads to either a sunken or sagging appearance of the face, fine lines, wrinkles, folds, and thin lips. Injectable HA is used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, facial folds, and to create structure, framework, and volume to the face and lips.
3. Dermal fillers are for prevention, as well as, to treat lines you already have. It’s also being used to enhance your nasal structure without undergoing surgery; nasal bumps, button nose, or you aren’t sure if you would go under the knife and still contemplating, the dermal filler can fill that void. And, Injectable HA for facial contour; to create smoldering structure, framework, and volume to the face and lips.
Yes, bad cosmetic filler experiences can happen, but in most cases, you can have it fixed. A cosmetic doctor might inject additional filler for balance, or she can dissolve it altogether. The great thing about hyaluronic acid is that there’s an enzyme that can be injected into the area to dissolve the product. This is a reminder to go to an injector with a great reputation and have the skills of a sculptor. They’re molding your face so why not go to a cosmetic physician or dermatologist as a preference.
4. Different fillers do different things. Please note, due to Australian regulation, no brand names will be mentioned here. One injection can make skin look plumper and smoother for months, another works better for addressing plumping lips, and different filler addresses your nose concerns. A knowledgeable cosmetic doctor will explain the ideal treatment plan for you; but know that the most natural-looking results may require more than one weight of filler.
5. As mentioned in number 2, You will surely fall in love with fillers. Yes, we said it! Chances are if you love the result you’ll have to come back for touch-ups every 6 months or twice a year. Well, we love your visits here in ACM! It’s always a pleasure having you.
For more info about Dermal Filler services, visit: https://advancedcosmeticmedicine.com.au/dermal-fillers/
Price range: $650 to $700