Age Spots Adelaide
Age spots (solar lentigines) are flat, brown, grey, or black spots on the skin. They usually occur on sun-exposed areas of the skin. They are also called liver spots, senile lentigo, solar lentigines, or sunspots.
Read on to fine out more!
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate. She has the "artistic eye of a sculptor " and a genuine love for all her clients.
What Causes Age Spots?
Age spots (solar lentigines) are the result of an excess production of melanin, or skin pigment. Doctors don’t always know why age spots develop. Skin aging, sun exposure, or other forms of ultraviolet (UV) light exposure, such as tanning beds, are all possible causes. You’re most likely to develop age spots on the areas of your skin that receive the most sun exposure, including:
- Your face
- The back of your hands
- Your shoulders
- Your upper back
- Your forearms
Who Is at Risk for Age Spots?
People of any age, sex, or race can develop age spots. However, they are more common in people with certain risk factors. These include:
- Being older than 40 years old
- Having fair skin
- Having a history of frequent sun exposure
- Having a history of frequent tanning bed use
What Are the Symptoms of Age Spots?
- Range from light brown to black in color
- Have the same texture as the rest of your skin
- Are painless
- Are usually on sun-exposed areas of the skin
How Are Age Spots Diagnosed?
Your doctor will usually diagnose age spots by looking at your skin.
If your doctor is worried that a dark area isn’t an age spot, they may perform a biopsy. This will involve removing a small piece of skin and check it for cancer or other abnormalities.
How Are Age Spots Treated?
Fortunately the Excel V laser is a very effective method of pigmentation removal.
Pigmented spots on our skin are one of the many signs of aged skin. The Excel V laser can effectively remove these spots and help to restore a youthful appearing skin.
Are Age Spots (Solar Lentigines) Dangerous?
Age spots (solar lentigines) are not harmful and they do not require any medical treatment. Often people decide to lighten or remove age spots for cosmetic reasons.
If you are concerned about the appearance of a skin lesion, always visit a doctor, like Dr Targett to have it checked.
What Is The Difference Between Freckles And Age Spots?
- Similar to freckles, age spots (solar lentigines) are flat. Unlike freckles, however, age spots do not fade over time.
- Age spots are characteristically flat and multiple spots tend to occur together in an affected area (similar to freckles).
Price of Age Spot Removal
|Laser Pigmentation Removal (for 15 minutes)||$350|
Before & After
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
Age Spots Adelaide
- 1.1 Dr R.Targett
- 1.2 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 1.3 What Causes Age Spots?
- 1.4 Who Is at Risk for Age Spots?
- 1.5 What Are the Symptoms of Age Spots?
- 1.6 How Are Age Spots Diagnosed?
- 1.7 How Are Age Spots Treated?
- 1.8 Are Age Spots (Solar Lentigines) Dangerous?
- 1.9 What Is The Difference Between Freckles And Age Spots?
- 1.10 Price of Age Spot Removal
- 1.11 Before & After
- 1.12 Return to
- 1.13 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 1.14 Our Location
- 1.15 Opening Times
- 1.16 Parking
- 1.17 Recent Blogs
- 1.18 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 1.19 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 1.20 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 1.21 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 1.22 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?