Age Spots Adelaide
Age spots (solar lentigines) are flat, brown, grey, or black spots on the skin. They usually occur on sun-exposed areas of the skin. They are also called liver spots, senile lentigo, solar lentigines, or sunspots.
We look forward to your visit.
What Causes Age Spots?
Age spots (solar lentigines) are the result of an excess production of melanin, or skin pigment. Doctors don’t always know why age spots develop. Skin aging, sun exposure, or other forms of ultraviolet (UV) light exposure, such as tanning beds, are all possible causes. You’re most likely to develop age spots on the areas of your skin that receive the most sun exposure, including:
- Your face
- The back of your hands
- Your shoulders
- Your upper back
- Your forearms
Who Is at Risk for Age Spots?
People of any age, sex, or race can develop age spots. However, they are more common in people with certain risk factors. These include:
- Being older than 40 years old
- Having fair skin
- Having a history of frequent sun exposure
- Having a history of frequent tanning bed use
What Are the Symptoms?
- Range from light brown to black in color
- Have the same texture as the rest of your skin
- Are painless
- Are usually on sun-exposed areas of the skin
How Are Age Spots Diagnosed?
Your doctor will usually diagnose age spots by looking at your skin.
If your doctor is worried that a dark area isn’t an age spot, they may perform a biopsy. They will remove a small piece of skin and check it for cancer or other abnormalities.
How Are Age Spots Treated?
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Age Spots (Solar Lentigines) Dangerous?
Age spots (solar lentigines) are not harmful and they do not require any medical treatment. Often people decide to lighten or remove age spots for cosmetic reasons.
If you are concerned about the appearance of a skin lesion, always visit a doctor to have it checked.
What Is The Difference Between Freckles And Age Spots?
Similar to freckles, age spots(solar lentigines are flat. Unlike freckles, however, age spots do not fade over time.
Like freckles, solar lentigines are characteristically flat and multiple spots tend to occur together in an affected area. Unlike freckles, however, age spots do not fade. Age spots are most commonly light brown but can also be dark brown or black in colour.
What Is The Difference Between Age Spots And Melanoma?
Age spots are usually uniform in colour, which is not the case in melanoma. Age spots can be round, oval or irregular in shape. They have distinct borders and their appearance remains fairly stable over time. They may enlarge slowly over a period of years. Age spots do not cause any symptoms.
Price of Age Spot Removal
|Laser Pigmentation Removal (for 15 minutes)||$350|
Before & After
Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
|Tuesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Wednesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Thursday||12.30pm to 6.00pm|
|Friday||12.00pm to 6.00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 3.00pm|
ACM Related Blogs
- 1 Age Spots Adelaide
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 “Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
- 4 What Causes Age Spots?
- 5 Who Is at Risk for Age Spots?
- 6 What Are the Symptoms?
- 7 How Are Age Spots Diagnosed?
- 8 How Are Age Spots Treated?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Are Age Spots (Solar Lentigines) Dangerous?
- 11 What Is The Difference Between Freckles And Age Spots?
- 12 What Is The Difference Between Age Spots And Melanoma?
- 13 Price of Age Spot Removal
- 14 Before & After
- 15 Other Related Pages
- 16 Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
- 17 Our Location
- 18 Opening Times
- 19 Parking
- 20 ACM Related Blogs
- 21 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 22 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?
- 23 Need to get rid of a mole – Read more
- 24 Top 5 Acne Treatments Recommended By A Doctor
- 25 Kleresca – The Acne Treatment Trusted By Amy Pejkovic,
- 26 Milia And How To Get Rid Of Those Tiny White Bumps
- 27 Visit us and say, “Milia no more!” Things you need to know about the white bumps on your skin