Bothered by that crinkly, loose skin on your eyelids that make you look tired and older than your years? Or concerned about your sagging under eye bags that make it hard for you to apply makeup?
Hooded or drooping eyelids or wrinkled skin around the eyes can have a big impact on a person’s appearance. With age, your skin loses its elasticity as the connective tissue beneath the skin becomes lax and begins to sag. The effect is seen more on the face, particularly around the eyes.
With the many recent advances in cosmetic procedures, there has been various treatments and procedures to deal with facial ageing. If you are worried by the thought of surgery and are not really keen on going under the knife, then a non-surgical eye lift or (non-surgical blepharoplasty) will work perfectly for you.
Read on for more information
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field, and the mother of two children.
Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Eye Lift
Non-Surgical Eye Lift (Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty) is for hooded, drooping eyelids, or wrinkled skin around the eyes can have a big impact on a person’s appearance. With age, your skin loses its elasticity as the connective tissue beneath the skin becomes lax and begins to sag. The effect is seen more on the face, particularly around the eyes. With the many recent advances in cosmetic procedures, there has been various treatments and procedures to deal with facial ageing. If you are worried by the thought of surgery and are not really keen on going under the knife, then a non-surgical eye lift or (non-surgical blepharoplasty) will work perfectly for you.
Plasma Generator 101
- A plasma device generates heat that triggers an instant contraction and subsequent tightening of the collagen fibres in the skin.
- There is minimal downtime associated with the procedure as there is no use of scalpel or laser to remove excess skin.
- Risks associated with invasive interventions can also be avoided.
How Is Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty Performed With A Plasma Generator?
Plasma is the fourth state of matter after solid, fluid, and gas. A plasma discharge is generated when a gas is made to pass through an electromagnetic field between the tip of the device and the treated area. Due to its very thin discharge, it is possible to create small perforations in the skin around the eye that vaporises the solid skin. The procedure is known as sublimation.
Non-surgical blepharoplasty can tighten the skin fibres around the eye area. The results are the same when compared to a surgical eye lift but less invasive and instant.
A plasma generator can be used to treat specific areas of concern without damaging the eye or adjoining skin.
Who Needs Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty Performed With A Plasma Generator?
There are various skin problems that can be treated by a plasma generator. Other than tightening loose skin on the eyelids and under eye bags, plasma energy can also be used to smoothen out wrinkles and remove dark circles.
Non-surgical blepharoplasty can also be used to:
- Tighten and rejuvenate skin on the neck and face (skin lift/neck lift)
- Remove wrinkles around the mouth
- Reduce stretch marks
- Eliminate post-operative scars
- Treat age spots, sun spots, and pigmentation
- Shrink acne and acne scars
- Treat skin lesions such as warts, keloids, scars, fibroma, and moles
- Treat skin conditions like rosacea
- Remove tattoos
- Treatment of broken blood vessels, capillaries and spider veins.
What Are The Steps Involved In Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty?
The first step is to apply a topical anaesthetic cream 30 minutes prior to the treatment. This will ensure that the treatment area gets numbed.
We use the industry’s leading non-surgical device – Plasma BT – that has a needle tip that generates a thin plasmatic flash. We take great care to not let the needle tip come in contact with the skin. The plasma discharge falls from the tip to the skin and evaporates, leaving brown spots. A specific pattern is followed to set the spots like a grid. The number of spots and their arrangement depends on the amount of skin to be treated.
The treatment is pain free and you will only experience minimal or no discomfort. There will be a slight burnt smell as the procedure involves skin getting vaporised.
How Long Does Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty Take?
The actual procedure takes about 25 to 45 minutes depending upon the surface area to be treated. Consider about an hours time for the whole process including the time needed for the anaesthetic to work and consent forms to be filled.
What To Expect After The Treatment?
There could be mild swelling on the treated area for about 3 days. Dotty scabs will last for 1 to 2 weeks and eventually fall off naturally. After the scabs fall off, there will be red inflammation for a few weeks.
- Do not scratch the skin or pick the scabs to prevent pigmentation or scarring.
- Dr Targett will prescribe an antibiotic cream or an anti-pigmentation cream (if you have dark skin).
How Long Does It Take To Get Results?
The skin will appear fresh and smooth in about 2 to 4 weeks time. New collagen fibres will be formed after three months which will give the skin a fresher look.
Please note that this treatment will not stop the ageing process. Once treatment is done, results are likely to last for 2 to 3 years. The treatment can be repeated if necessary.
How Many Treatment Will I Need?
The number of sessions required depends on the amount of skin to be lifted. The desired result is achievable in one treatment. However, depending on the skin to be lifted, up to three treatments can be carried out. If more than one session is advised, the sessions will be spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart.
Dr Targett will ask for a follow up after 3 months when the new collagen fibres are fully formed. If necessary, a second or third session can be done for better results.
The non-surgical eye lift treatment is safe. Patients who have lighter skin may have an ongoing redness for a couple of months. Patients who have darker skin may have hyperpigmentation.
A non-surgical eye lift is an excellent next-generation technology to add more natural volume around your eyes, without the more extensive downtime from a surgery. For that youthful and healthy appearance, Dr Rahma Targett performs non-surgical eye lift treatments using a non-surgical plasma device – Plasma BT.
This in-office procedure is the best alternative to surgery as it reduces recovery time and lowers the chances of complications.
For more information on non-surgical eye lift or to consult with Dr Targett, click here.
Plasma BT – The Safest And Most Tunable Plasma Device On The Market
Price of Non Surgical Blepharoplasty
|Non Surgical Blepharoplasty||$735|
Before and After Having Non Surgical Blepharoplasty
Disclaimer – Individual results vary.
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
Dr Targett will be away on annual leave from 24th Dec 2019 until 17th Jan 2020. When she returns, she will be available at Unit 58, 41-47 Melbourne Street at the following times;
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
We emphasise natural results and effective skincare treatments. Your needs are unique, and we are ready to listen and provide guidance on the best treatment for you. The quality of your experience during your visit is important to us.
- 1 BLEPHAROPLASTY ADELAIDE
- 2 Dr R.Targett
- 3 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 4 Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Eye Lift
- 5 Plasma Generator 101
- 6 How Is Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty Performed With A Plasma Generator?
- 7 Who Needs Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty Performed With A Plasma Generator?
- 8 What Are The Steps Involved In Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty?
- 9 How Long Does Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty Take?
- 10 What To Expect After The Treatment?
- 11 How Long Does It Take To Get Results?
- 12 How Many Treatment Will I Need?
- 13 Plasma BT – The Safest And Most Tunable Plasma Device On The Market
- 14 Price of Non Surgical Blepharoplasty
- 15 Before and After Having Non Surgical Blepharoplasty
- 16 Other Related Pages
- 17 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 18 Our Location
- 19 Opening Times
- 20 Parking
- 21 Recent Blogs
- 22 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 23 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 24 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 25 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 26 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?