CHEMICAL PEELS ADELAIDE
Reverse the signs of ageing. Chemical peels are a proven method of creating more youthful appearing skin and also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Hiding beneath the top layers of dead skin, you will find a beautiful complexion which is smoother, brighter and more refined, just waiting to show itself. Chemical peels are the answer when it comes to revealing this inner skin beauty. If your concern should be clearing up acne breakout, reducing hyper-pigmentation caused by sun damage or reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles then skin peels are also what you are looking for.
Read on for more information and we look forward to your visit.
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field, and the mother of two children.
What Can a Chemical Peel Do To Help My Skin?
- Even skin texture and tone.
- Revive dull looking skin.
- Rejuvenate and brighten the skin
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Soften and smooth the skin.
- Reduce the effects of sun damage and eliminate/ reduce skin pigmentation.
- Help to alleviate acne breakouts and reduce inflammation.
- Stimulate the production of collagen, creating a plump, youthful appearing skin.
What is a Chemical Peel And Why Should I have One?
Chemical skin peels use enzymes and acids to remove the dead top layer of skin, to reveal a more youthful, clearer and fresher appearing skin. Basically, a chemical peel exfoliates the top layers of your skin. Instead of using a harsh scrub or dermabrasion, different types of chemical ingredients are used to remove the layers of dead skin. Apart from curing your skin blemish issues, chemical peels will also allow the skin care products that you use to be absorbed more effectively.
It is a very popular treatment that is used all over the world and helps to treat wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage. Why not come and try chemical peel and see how life transforming the results can be for you?
What Type of Skin Peel Do I Need?
We have a whole host of chemical peel treatments available which can offer solutions to a range of skin conditions. It is always our aim to offer the mildest treatment that will be effective, but sometimes deeper peels will be the best option. Our skin expert, Dr Rahma Ragett, will access your skin type and condition and recommend a skin peel tailored for you to yield maximal results.
What Ingredients Will Be Used?
Dr Targett our resident skin specialist will determine which chemical peels will work best for your skin type and skin condition. For ageing issues and hyper-pigmentation, usually, a Glycolic Acid Peel will be suggested. For sensitive skin, lactic acid based peels are often used. If you are seeking a solution to your acne, then a salicylic acid formula or a combination treatment may be used.
How Often Will I Require Treatments?
Unfortunately, having one treatment alone will not be effective. However, don’t be discouraged, you will often see visible results after only one treatment. If you want to have lasting results then regular peels are definitely recommended. After each peel, you will find that the chemical ingredients are better able to act because the upper dead layer of skin has been removed.
What Should I Do Before I have My Peel?
You will need to stop using any retinol or exfoliating products about one week before your appointment. It is also recommended to stop any hair removal procedures one week before having your peel done.
What Does The Skin Peel Procedure Involve?
At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine, your skin care expert will prepare your skin, so there is a smooth base ready for the peel. After the peel has been applied, you may notice a tightening and tingling sensation. Different skin types, will, of course, react differently. Depending on which skin peel formula you have chosen, the chemical may be left on for a few hours to neutralize or may only be left on for a few minutes.
How Long Will It Take to Recover?
Usually, you will peel for about five days and have a red complexion throughout this period. The more intense the peel, the more skin flaking will be noticeable. For milder skin peels, you may not notice any flaking of your skin. But rest assured it will be occurring at a cellular level.
What Skin Care Will I Need Post Skin Peel?
This is the stage when you will need to take the most care of your skin. Your face will become more sensitive because the peel has exposed new skin cells. Please be diligent by applying sunscreen every day to the treated area. Dr Targett may recommend other post care treatments at your appointment.
Will There Be Any Downtime?
Depending on the severity of the skin peel treatment, some downtime may be a possibility. It is never a good idea to have a skin peel just before an important event.
What Is The Mechanism Of Action For Chemical Peels?
Quantitative Increase of GAG’s
- Enhanced skin volume.
- An increased presence of water in the dermis.
- Wrinkles are smoothed.
Qualitative changes in dermal collagen and elastin
- Stimulation and reorganisation of the structural dermal components.
Stimulation of fibroblastic function
Increased activity of the fibroblasts. This causes synthesis of the different macromolecules of the extracellular matrix.
Price of Chemical Peels
|Milk Peel (Per Treatment)||$350|
|Cosmo Peel (Per Treatment)||$500|
Before and After Chemical Peel
Other Related Pages
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
Dr Targett will be away on annual leave from 24th Dec 2019 until 17th Jan 2020. When she returns, she will be available at Unit 58, 41-47 Melbourne Street at the following times;
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
- 1 CHEMICAL PEELS ADELAIDE
- 2 Dr R.Targett
- 3 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 4 What Can a Chemical Peel Do To Help My Skin?
- 5 What is a Chemical Peel And Why Should I have One?
- 6 What Type of Skin Peel Do I Need?
- 7 What Ingredients Will Be Used?
- 8 How Often Will I Require Treatments?
- 9 What Should I Do Before I have My Peel?
- 10 What Does The Skin Peel Procedure Involve?
- 11 How Long Will It Take to Recover?
- 12 What Skin Care Will I Need Post Skin Peel?
- 13 Will There Be Any Downtime?
- 14 What Is The Mechanism Of Action For Chemical Peels?
- 15 Price of Chemical Peels
- 16 Before and After Chemical Peel
- 17 Other Related Pages
- 18 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 19 Our Location
- 20 Opening Times
- 21 Parking
- 22 Recent Blogs
- 23 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 24 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 25 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 26 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 27 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?