Crows Feet Treatment - Adelaide
Interested in softening your laughter lines a little?
According to the experts, they are caused by “the contraction of the muscle underneath the skin”. When we make an expression, the muscles contracts, pulling the skin with it and creating “a sort of concertina effect”. As we age, our skin loses collagen and becomes weaker, which increases the effect.
Ageing is obviously a given, but what other factors can contribute to the development of crow’s-feet? According to Dr Targett, these are the ones to watch out for…
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your gender – According to Dr Targett, males tend to have a thicker muscle around the eye, which means the pulling effect on the skin in this area is greater, causing crow’s feet. Sorry, boys!
- Sun exposure – The more time you spend outside, the more likely you are to develop crows feet. Dr Targett explains this is because the sun “weakens skin” and “reduces skin elasticity”, which means it won’t bounce back as easily after it bunches up. Similarly, working outdoors can also be a contributing factor. As Dr Targett explains, “If you’re a lifesaver, for example, you’re squinting into the sun more,” resulting in a more-frequent pulling effect on the skin.
- Weight loss – If you tend to lose weight easily from your face, you could be more prone to crow’s-feet. This is because “your skin loses fat,” says the expert, which in turn “makes your skin look less smooth and your lines look more obvious”.
- Your general mood – It doesn’t seem fair, but smiling a lot can be a contributing factor. In the same way, as when you squint, your eye muscles pull on the skin around your eyes.
- Sun protection – We’re talking a high-SPF sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, and avoiding sun exposure in the middle of the day. If you’re worried about using sunscreen around your eyes, try an eye cream that contains SPF instead.
- Don’t smoke – We all know the catastrophic effect smoking can have on our overall health, let alone on our skin, so this one probably goes without saying.
- Use a moisturiser – According to Dr Targett, “just using a moisturiser” can make a world of difference. Try an eye cream which is formulated to strengthen and smooth the skin surrounding the delicate eye area, so it is less prone to crow’s feet.
- Retinol and fruit acids – Already got crow’s feet? Don’t panic. Dr Targett says certain anti-ageing skin care ingredients can help reduce their appearance. Retinol and fruit acids are her top picks. Alternatively, the expert recommends trying “superficial peels, to help strengthen the skin structure”.
- Anti-wrinkle injections – While some of us would prefer to get rid of crow’s feet without botox, anti-wrinkle injections are arguably the quickest and most effective treatment option. According to Dr Targett, they work by “stopping the communication between the nerve and the muscle around the eye”, which reduces the pulling effect on the skin lying above. Dr Targett says that “with the right injection and the right dose, you can get a natural result” and soften the appearance of crow’s feet.
Crows Feet can be treated by anti wrinkle injections for superficial and dynamic wrinkles. For deep static wrinkles dermal fillers may be used to help erase to lines.
The crow’s feet area is typically treated with an average dose of 4 – 20 units, for women, and 10 – 30 units for men. Dr Targett will make a plan with you and work out exactly how much the treatment will cost BEFORE you get treated, making sure you know exactly what is going on to help avoid any surprises.
We prefer a very “natural” look and believe we should still have some crow’s feet when we smile, to retain the “twinkle” of the eye smile. Anti wrinkle injections can be used to keep crow’s feet under control by preventing them from getting worse over time. Dr Targett will be able to adjust the amount needed according to the amount of lines, the structure of your face and the way you smile, whilst still retaining natural movement and expression.
Why Choose Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Our commitment to you is to provide you with the highest standard of service, treatment and patient care. You will always receive personal attention and treatment from Dr Rahma Targett each and every time you visit us.
Dr Targett will take the time to listen to your cosmetic needs and provide you with sound advice and realistic expectations. We will work with you to develop a plan tailored to your specific needs and goals. Dr Targett will take the time to explain the procedure and provide you with expectations of the outcomes.
Following your treatment, we will provide you with the aftercare and advice that you deserve. At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine, you will have the peace of mind that you are being treated by a qualified doctor in aesthetic medicine.
Dr Targett and her team will provide you with everything you need to achieve your aesthetic and health goals.
Ask a Question
Please feel free to ask us a question. We will try to answer your question within one hour. Thank you for your patience.
Please send us an email, or for a more rapid response, please use Facebook Messenger.
ACM Gift Cards & Loyalty Cards
Are you looking for that perfect gift idea? A gift card from Advanced Cosmetic Medicine is the perfect way to spoil a loved one for any occasion. Gift cards are available for purchase in-store.
Ask about our Loyalty Card next time you visit and start earning points to help pay for future treatments.
Download The ACM App
Make online booking even easier by downloading the ACM App!
Also see our Prices and Online Specials in the App.
ACM Cancellation Policy
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine is an appointment-based business. Please follow our cancellation policy guidelines.
Recently, Advanced Cosmetic Medicine launched Australia’s first and only NuEra Tight RF treatment. It was one for the books, and here’s another reason to love Advanced Cosmetic Medicine. On December 9, 2020, Dr. Rahma Targett became the first-ever cosmetic physician to introduce a revolutionary aesthetic treatment in Australia. LEARN MORE
The HydraFacial is the treatment you need in your life to drastically improve your skin in just one session. It’s the only facial I’ve ever experienced that leaves you with instant skin gratification and a glow that long outlasts the typical one day, all with zero downtime. The Hydrafacial has instant radiance-imparting properties and uses
Skin Boosters are micro-injections composed of dermal fillers injected into the skin. Unlike traditional dermal fillers, they are not injected beneath the skin to volumise or shape the face. Instead, they are very fine dermal fillers that hydrate and improve skin quality. So, for those who aim for a dewy, glowing look, this treatment is perfect for you! Skin boosters are generally used