Earlobe Repair - Adelaide
Like objects around us that wear out over time and with use, certain parts of our body are naturally prone to changes too. Our earlobes are no exception and suffer from stretching and loss of volume. Our earlobes are often overlooked and neglected when it comes to our aesthetic appearance and goals.
You are most likely wearing a pair or two of earrings as you are reading this, there is nothing wrong with this though, as wearing earrings can show a sense of style. But did you know that wearing earrings for a long time can not only cause redness? It can also cause earring holes to gradually enlarge.
Like most areas of our face, earlobes can become droopy and deflated too as time goes by, due to a decrease in collagen and elastin production in our body. But there is a way to bring them back to their former look using HA dermal fillers. Advanced Cosmetic Medicine’s Earlobe Rejuvenation is here to do the wonders on your earlobe concerns.
ACM is here to restore your earlobes creating a well-shaped and youthful look.
Our qualified professionals are here to tend to your needs and concerns.
To experience this treatment, book an appointment with us.
1) Corrects the appearance of your earlobes
2. Corrects shape and proportionality of your earlobe
3. Create a natural shape to the earlobe that will suit your face shape.
4. Boosts self-esteem about your appearance.
5. Earlobe repair is a low-risk non-surgical procedure that takes less time than you expect.
6. Earlobe rejuvenation improves the appearance of the ear without invasive surgery.
What to Expect
Dr Rahma Targett will take your medical history, do a physical exam, and discuss with you if the procedure is suited to you. This is important to ensure patient safety, and because specific issues can affect wound healing. You will also be asked about your goals, what to expect about the treatment, and what you need to know about Earlobe Repair.
Once the treatment plan has been agreed upon, your earlobe will be cleaned and anaesthetised to numb. Dr Targett will strategically inject dermal fillers into the lobe, treating it with the appropriate method to achieve symmetry, fill any defects, and create volume.
It may take around 3 months to see the procedure’s fully healed and visible result. Patients need to wait for this phase to be finished before re-piercing their ears. Remember that the new piercing must be at least 3 mm from the old piercing site.
Usually, earlobe repairs are done as an outpatient and only take between 30 to 60 minutes to complete depending on the condition or severity of the treated earlobe.
We will provide you with the information you need to know more about the treatment including aftercare advice.
How it works
Why have earlobe rejuvenation?
Earlobes may suffer from tears, splits, drooping or stretching that can be caused by a variety of reasons such as:
- Wearing heavy earrings over long periods
- Earrings getting pulled (this usually happens when a long earring gets caught and then pulled)
- Sudden trauma or injury
- Children pulling on earrings
The treatment uses a dermal filler that contains Hyaluronic Acid (HA) as well as some local anaesthetic. Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance found in our body, it acts as the filler that helps keep the skin plump and hydrated. While anaesthetics are used to help make the procedure as comfortable as possible. A five minute virtually painless procedure can restore the plumpness of your earlobes.
Preparation for earlobe filler
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to appointment.
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin, Retinoids, Retinol or any anti-ageing products at least 2 days before the procedure.
- Your doctor may advise you to avoid over-the-counter blood-thinning medications.
- You may also be advised to avoid supplements like Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Primrose oil, garlic, and ginseng. You may ask your doctor for more information.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, bleaching, or using hair removal creams on the area to be treated 2 days before the procedure.
What Can I Expect After The Treatment?
After having earlobe rejuvenation dermal filler treatment there will naturally be some swelling and redness to the area treated. This should dissipate over the next few days. As with all cosmetic injectables, bruising is always a minor risk.
After your treatment you will be able to see the results immediately, bearing in mind that there will be some swelling.
You should not require any downtime with this procedure. It is always wise to avoid non surgical cosmetic procedures before attending important events.
Earlobe repair aftercare tips
- Avoid touching or applying makeup on the treated area 6 hours following the treatment injection to prevent infection.
- The treated areas can be gently washed with a gentle cleanser and water.
- After earlobe surgery, to minimize the post-operative swelling it is best to rest in a chair or recliner with your head elevated.
- Avoid any strenuous activity for the first 48 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 12 hours following the injection procedures. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Until the swelling and redness have gone down, avoid exposing the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold.
- Avoid submerging the treated area in water like in a bathtub, swimming pool, or hot tub.
- If bruising does occur it should clear within a week and it can be concealed with makeup.
Why Are Ear Lobe Fillers so popular?
Injecting your ears with hyaluronic acid does appear to be the latest thing! It is becoming increasingly popular as a way to plump up the ear lobes and to lift stretched and slack earlobes. Dr Targett says, “You only need a very small amount injected strategically around the perched hole. The injections help to prevent your delicate earlobes from tearing and also help to provide support and cushioning for heavy jewellery. A five minute virtually painless procedure can restore your ears lobes so that you can step out in style the next time you wear your favourite jewellery.”
Dr Targett also offers earlobe surgery. Often people decide that they do not like having a very large hole in their ear. With earlobe surgery, the hole can be successfully sutured closed again for a more natural appearance.
Before & After
Dr Rahma Targett
Dr Rahma Targett is a General Practitioner(FRACGP), with a specialty in Cosmetic Medicine. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in 2016 and has since become well known as a trusted and in demand Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide. She has a Diploma in Dermoscopy and a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett is a leader in her field and regularly attends Cosmetic conferences to keep up to date with modern aesthetic techniques. At advanced Cosmetic Medicine you can always be reassured that you will be welcomed and treated personally by Dr Rahma Targett.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
How to get my earlobe repaired?
The first step is to book an appointment with us at Advanced Cometic Medicine with Dr Targett. A physical assessment and medical history review will be performed at your appointment to ensure your safety and recommend to you the best type of surgery needed for your concern.
Who can get this treatment?
Yes. Although some may call the repair an earlobe surgery, which makes the procedure sound intimidating, today’s methods for treating and repairing damaged earlobes have made the procedure simple yet both safe and effective. The procedure may be done in a surgery clinic, you can go home once the doctor decides you are good to go.
How is the earlobe repair procedure performed?
Your earlobes will be numbed with a local anaesthetic to ensure your comfort during the procedure. A dermal filler will then be administered in a manner that fixes, reshape, or repairs the earlobes. As a result, a youthful and restored original shape of the earlobes is seen after the healing phase of the procedure.
Can stretched or droopy earlobes be repaired?
Yes. One of the benefits of earlobe repair is the restoration and rejuvenation of stretched earlobes to bring back their original shape.
Can I get a new piercing after an earlobe repair?
After the procedure, there may be a small scar on your ears which will show some redness. Your earlobes should look completely normal first if you decide to get your ears to get re-pierced. For safety and an optimum result of the earlobe repair, you need to wait for approximately 3 months to see the procedure’s fully healed and visible results, or as prescribed by your clinician.
Why are earlobe fillers popular?
The earlobe treatment repair is becoming popular not just because of its anti-aging benefits on the earlobe, it also helps in fixing earlobe tears, enlarged earring holes, and restoring plumpness. A five minute virtually painless procedure can restore the plumpness of your earlobes.