Bio Re-Modelling + Profhilo - Adelaide
What is Bio Re-Modelling using Profhilo?
In 20019 Profhilo was the treatment of the year in Europe. Finally Profhilo has now been TGA approved for use in Australia.
Profhilo is used to restore hydration, elasticity and skin tone.
Profhilo is made from highly purified hyaluronic acid. Unlike traditional dermal fillers which are quite thick and viscous, Profhilo is very "runny" and spreads easily beneath the skin. It is this highly purified hyaluronic acid which causes a bio remodelling of the skin. Bio remodelling stimulates an increased production of elastin, collagen and adipose tissue within the skin. This results in long lasting skin rejuvenation. The results can be seen for up to six months before maintenance treatment is required.
The face and neck are the most common areas to treat, however, it can also be used to treat skin laxity on the hands, décolletage, knees and abdomen.
This revolutionary treatment is suitable to men and women of all ages. This facial treatment is also suitable for any skin type.
1) At deep levels it creates structure and support
2) At superficial levels it creates hydration which gives skin its plumpness
3)Improves skin texture
4) Improves skin tone and overall complexion
5) Reduces the appearance of fine lines
6) Creates a youthful fullness and bounce to the skin
How it works
How Does Bio Remodelling (aka Profhilo) work?
Bio remodelling works by injecting ultra pure hyaluronic acid into the precise locations being treated. Unlike traditional dermal fillers, the bio-remodelling agent (aka profhilo) stimulates the production of collagen and elastin as well as attracting water to the deeper layers of your skin.
Because pure HA is hydrophilic (ie it attracts and binds to water from the body), it acts as more of a hydrator than a filler. This is ideal for those that have tired and dull skin, transforming it into luminous skin. This hydrating effect can take place within three to five days of the treatment.
Over the next month the production of collagen and elastin will be stimulated, helping to plump and tighten the skin. After the age of 30, the production of hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastic drops of significantly. This results in ageing skin which lacks fullness and structure, resulting in skin droopiness and fine lines and wrinkles. Profhilo acts to reverse some of these signs. The maximum effects may be seen approximately two months after having the second treatment.
What is the difference between Profhilo and dermal fillers?
There are several main differnces between Profhilo and dermal fillers;
- Profhilo is a more "runny"and concentrated form of Hyaluronic acid. Fillers are a thicker and more gel like form of Hyaluronic acid.
- Profhilo spreads easily under the skin, causing hydrating effect as well as stimulating collagen and elastin. Dermal fillers stay in one place creating volume, lift, filling and reshaping
- Profhilo is used on the cheeks, neck, décolletage, knees and hands. Dermal fillers are used for nose, lips cheeks, jawline, deep lines, temples, tear trough, chin.
- Profhilo treatment is performed using two treatments , four weeks apart, followed by six monthly maintenance. Dermal fillers are performed by one treatment approximately every six months, depending on filler type and location.
What are the benefits of bio remodelling treatment?
This amazing treatment can improve overall radiance, skin texture, skin tone and hydration.
It can also help to improve the firmness and elasticity of the skin creating a dewy youthful appearing skin. The treatment is most commonly used on the lower face, but can also be used neck, décolletage, knees, arms and hands, making it a very versatile treatment.
Please read our blog on the "Benefits of Profhilo for mature skin".
Where is Profhilo Injected?
The 5 injection points on each side of the face are the upper cheek, nasal base, lower cheek, jawline, and chin.
This technique has been clinically tested to ensure patient comfort and maximum efficiency and effectiveness, with the minimum number of injection sites.
Before & After
Dr Rahma Targett
Dr Rahma Targett is a General Practitioner(FRACGP), with a specialty in Cosmetic Medicine. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in 2016 and has since become well known as a trusted and in demand Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide. She has a Diploma in Dermoscopy and a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett is a leader in her field and regularly attends Cosmetic conferences to keep up to date with modern aesthetic techniques. At advanced Cosmetic Medicine you can always be reassured that you will be welcomed and treated personally by Dr Rahma Targett.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
Does Profhilo hurt?
Profhilo is an injectable treatment. A numbing treatment will be applied before the injections are performed. This will dampen any pain you experience during the procedure to a more tolerable level.
The small injections will be accompanied by a small stinging sensation which will dissipate quickly. Distraction techniques are used during the injection to help reduce the discomfort.
How long does Profhilo take to work?
The initial Profhilo treatment is a series of two treatments four weeks apart.
After your first treatment you will immediately notice the hydrating qualities of Profhilo, resulting in a plumper more youthful appearance.
The bio remodelling effect of Profhilo will not show until about four weeks after your second treatment. It takes this amount of time for the body to start producing collagen and elastin in response to the Profhilo injections. The results of collagen and elastin production are long lasting and should last up to six months post treatment.
How long does Profhilo last?
It is recommended that you repeat Profhilo treatment every six months to maintain results.
Initially, two treatments are given four weeks apart. After six months only a single treatment is necessary to top up your skins hydration and bio remodelling.
Who should and shouldn't get Profhilo?
Profhilo is most recommended for ageing skin. We do not recommend Profhilo for those under 25 years of age.
Profhilo is great for rejuvenating your skin and creating hydration within the skin. The results are always very soft and natural. Dermal fillers may be used in combination with Profhilo to address deeper lines.
You should not get Profhilo if you are pregnant, breast feeding or have an allergy to any hyaluronic acid products.
Does Profhilo work on all skin tones and skin types?
Profhilo is suitable for all genders, skin tones and skin types.
What can’t Profhilo do?
You must remember that Profhilo is not a filler. It cannot used to erase deep lines and wrinkles, augment or reshape the face.
Can Profhilo go wrong?
No Injectable treatment comes without risk. Always have your treatment performed by a suitably qualified doctor experienced in performing the treatment. Unlike dermal filler and anti wrinkle injections, there is no risk of appearing "overdone" by Profhilo treatment. Profhilo results are always soft and natural in appearance.
What's the downtime after Profhilo?
There is usually no downtime necessary after having Profhilo. You may experience redness, small bumps and bruising after your treatment. We do not recommend having any injectable treatment immediately before any important events.
Exercise and alcohol should be avoided for 48 hours.
- After your treatment, it is normal to have some pin prick marks, redness and possibly some bruising.
- The product is injected in small deposits in strategic locations. After your treatment you may be able to see and feel the product where it has been injected. This should settle after a few hours and it is not necessary to massage the area.
- After your treatment you should be able to continue with your normal activities.
- After your treatment, do not wear makeup for 12 hours.
- Avoid alcohol and exercise for 48 hours after your procedure as this may lead to bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid sun bathing and extremes of hot and cols for 14 days after your treatment.
- Bruising may take up to 14 days to resolve. Arnica may be used to help clear bruising.
- Any tenderness should clear as bruising and swelling dissipate.
- If redness, tenderness and swelling worsen after three days, please call Advanced Cosmetic Medicine on 0403 690031 for advice.
Can I have Profhilo if I am pregnant or breast feeding?
Profhilo is not recommended during pregnancy or breast feeding.
Is Profhilo worth doing?
We often get asked by our customers;" Is profile worth doing?"
The answer is a resounding "yes". There is simply no other treatment on the market that can offer an effective, fast acting, minimally invasive, low risk and long lasting skin rejuvenation. If you are looking for younger, plumper and fresher appearing skin, then Profhilo is definitely for you.