DROOPY JOWLS – NEFERTITI LIFT ADELAIDE
Reverse the signs of ageing, correct droopy jowls by having a Nefertiti Lift today.
The jowls refer to the lower part of a person’s cheek and as we get older they become fleshier and more droopy. This is one of the most common facial features that people associate with getting older and it tends to affect women more than men. As the jowls start to droop it results in the loss of the defined jawline, which is associated with youth and beauty. The face then becomes wider and more square shaped and this continues to get worse as we age.
Read on for more information and we look forward to your visit.
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field, and the mother of two children.
What Causes Droopy Jowls?
There are 3 main factors that cause Jowls to develop and they are as follows:
- Gravity: Unfortunately gravity is always acting against us and over many years our cheeks start to sag as a result.
- Loss of elasticity of the skin: As we get older the amount of elastin and collagen in our skin starts to reduce. Both these proteins are essential for the health and elasticity of our skin and as their levels drop, it means our skin is less able to retain its shape and therefore is more susceptible to sagging.
- Skin attachment to muscle: The attachment between the skin and the underlying muscle becomes weaker meaning the skin has less to ‘hang on’ to. This will significantly accelerate the development of sagging jowls.
How Do You Treat Droopy Jowls?
For those not wanting to undergo surgery there is a (Term prohibited by TGA) alternative which is called the Nefertiti Lift. The way (Term Forbidden by TGA) lifts jowls is by nullifying the effect of the muscles that are pulling the jawline down. By injecting (Term Forbidden by TGA) into specific nerves that supply these muscles, the jawline will become visibly lifted and more contoured. It is important to realise that (Term Forbidden by TGA) injections will need to be repeated every 4 months or so depending on individual circumstances if you want to maintain the same results.
Is This Treatment Suitable For Me?
Although (Term Forbidden by TGA) can lift jowls, its effectiveness really does depend on the extent of the sagging. If you have large drooping jowls then (Term Forbidden by TGA) is unlikely to give you the results that you desire. In such cases, you really would be better off considering a surgical procedure. The main advantage of using (Term Forbidden by TGA) to lift the jowls rather than surgery is the fact that there is no recovery period required. The Botox procedure can be carried out very quickly and it is extremely safe. (Term Forbidden by TGA) side effects are rare and it is far cheaper than surgery, although it does need repeating.
In summary, (Term Forbidden by TGA) can lift jowls although there is a limit to what it can treat. When considering the procedure it is important that you use a practitioner who is experienced in performing the Nefertiti Lift to ensure you get the best possible results.
Before & After
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
Dr Targett will be away on annual leave from 24th Dec 2019 until 17th Jan 2020. When she returns, she will be available at Unit 58, 41-47 Melbourne Street at the following times;
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
DROOPY JOWLS – NEFERTITI LIFT ADELAIDE
- 1.1 Dr R.Targett
- 1.2 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 1.3 What Causes Droopy Jowls?
- 1.4 How Do You Treat Droopy Jowls?
- 1.5 Is This Treatment Suitable For Me?
- 1.6 Before & After
- 1.7 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 1.8 Our Location
- 1.9 Opening Times
- 1.10 Parking
- 1.11 Recent Blogs
- 1.12 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 1.13 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 1.14 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 1.15 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 1.16 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?