EXCEL V LASER ROSACEA TREATMENT ADELAIDE
Rosacea is a skin disease characterised by redness on the forehead, chin, nose and cheeks. It tends to affect people over the age of thirty. Rosacea may also affect the eyes, causing a burning and sore sensation. It is also common for people to get bumps and pimples on the red affected areas of the face. If rosacea is bothering you and affecting your confidence in everyday activities then it is a good idea to see your doctor to find a treatment that will make your skin look and feel better. Excel V laser rosacea treatment is an excellent choice to treat the symptoms of your rosacea.
Read on for more information and we look forward to your visit.
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate. She has the "artistic eye of a sculptor " and a genuine love for all her clients.
What Are The Causes Of Rosacea?
It is still unkown what exactly causes rosacea. Rosacea is not a bacterial infection and seems to be affected by skin irritants. There is a genetic predisposition to rosacea and it often affects people with fair skin which blush easily. Rosacea is easy to diagnose by the pattern of redness that it makes on the face.
People often wrongly assume that rosacea is caused by alcohol abuse. However, for people that have rosacea, alcohol may cause symptoms to flare. Flare-ups are caused by something in the environment that causes blood vessels to dilate resulting in redness of the face. Triggers that commonly cause flare-ups amongst rosacea sufferers are: sudden swings in temperature, wind and sun exposure, exercise, alcohol, spicy foods, hot baths, and stress.
What Are The Symptoms of Rosacea?
Symptoms vary amongst sufferers but may include:
- A flushed, red face with dry skin that stings and burns
- Acne-like breakouts
- The skin may have a bumpy texture and gets courser and thicker.
- The eyes may become irritated and red.
How Is Rosacea Treated?
There is no cure for rosacea, however, doctors may prescribe medications to help control the symptoms.
- Redness and breakouts can be controlled by use of antibiotics such as doxycline
- Redness can be controlled by use of lasers such as KTP 532nm Excel V laser for rosacea treatment.
- Dry sensitive skin can be treated with moisturisers and sunscreen
- Irritated dry eyes can be treated with artificial tears and cyclosporine
How Can You Prevent Flare Ups?
There are many things that you can do to keep rosacea under control and reduce flare-ups.
- Take care of your eyes by applying a warm wet cloth several times a day.
- Use skin moisturisers that are gentle on the skin and try not to scratch or rub the skin.
- Stay out of the sun in the middle of the day and at other times wear an SPF 30 sunscreen.
- Keep a diary and take not of the triggers that cause flare ups. In future avoid these triggers as much as possible.
- Keep symptoms under control to reduce breakout and redness.
Excel V Laser Rosacea Treatment
There are many treatment options available to treat roasacea. Once the subtype and severity of the condition are identified a tailored treatment plan can be formulated. The use of lasers in the treatment of rosacea with red threadlike blood vessels has quickly been adopted by the medical community. The Excel V laser rosacea treatment by Cutera is a KTP 532nm laser and is excellent at targeting the red threadlike vessels associated with rosacea. The red blod vessels selectively absorb the energy of the laser and the vessels are sealed off. Hyperpigmented lesions are also fragmented, giving an improved appearance. The KTP laser targets oxyhemoglobin and melanin. Due to its short wavelength, the KTP laser is only suitable for superficial lesions. After the treatment, there is usually some swelling and redness, which will subside. Because the KTP laser targets melanin, it is only suitable for lighter skinned people. Excel V laser rosacea treatment can help you. Try it today and see the difference it can make in your life.
|Vascular Laser (for 15 minutes)||$350|
Before and After Having Lip Fillers
Other Related Pages
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
EXCEL V LASER ROSACEA TREATMENT ADELAIDE
- 1.1 Dr R.Targett
- 1.2 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 1.3 What Are The Causes Of Rosacea?
- 1.4 What Are The Symptoms of Rosacea?
- 1.5 How Is Rosacea Treated?
- 1.6 How Can You Prevent Flare Ups?
- 1.7 Excel V Laser Rosacea Treatment
- 1.8 Price of
- 1.10 Before and After Having Lip Fillers
- 1.11 Other Related Pages
- 1.12 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 1.13 Our Location
- 1.14 Opening Times
- 1.15 Parking
- 1.16 Recent Blogs
- 1.17 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 1.18 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 1.19 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 1.20 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 1.21 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?