Excel V Laser Rosacea Treatement Adelaide
Rosacea is a skin disease characterised by redness on the forehead, chin, nose and cheeks. It tends to affect people over the age of thirty. Rosacea may also affect the eyes, causing a burning and sore sensation. It is also common for people to get bumps and pimples on the red affected areas of the face. If rosacea is bothering you and affecting your confidence in everyday activities then it is a good idea to see your doctor to find a treatment that will make your skin look and feel better. Excel V laser rosacea treatment is an excellent choice to treat the symptoms of your rosacea.
We look forward to your visit.
Dr Rahma Targett
What Are The Causes Of Rosacea?
It is still unkown what exactly causes rosacea. Rosacea is not a bacterial infection and seems to affected by skin irritants. There is a genetic predisposition to rosacea and it often afftect people with fair skin which blush easily. Rosacea is easy to diagnose by the pattern of redness that it makes on the face.
People often wrongly assume that rosacea is caused by alcohol abuse. However for people that have rosacea, alcohol may cause symptoms to flare. Flare ups are caused by something in the environment that causes blood vessels to dilate resulting in redness of the face. Triggers that commonly cause flare ups amongst rosacea sufferers are; sudden swings in temperature, wind and sun exposure, exercise, alcohol, spicy foods, hot baths and stress to name a few.
What Are The Symptoms of Rosacea?
Symptoms vary amongst sufferers but may include;
– A flushed, red face with dry skin that stings and burns
-acne like breakouts
-The skin may have a bumpy texture and gets courser and thicker.
-The eyes may become irritated and red.
How Is Rosacea Treated?
There is no cure for rosacea, however doctors may prescribe medications to help control the symptoms.
– redness and breakouts can be controlled by use of antibiotics such as doxycline
– redness can be controlled by use of lasers such as KTP 532nm Excel V laser rosacea treatment.
– Dry sensitive skin can be treated with mositurisers and sunscreen
– Irritated dry eyes can be treated with artificial tears and cyclosporine
How Can You Prevent Flare Ups?
There are many things that you can do to keep rosacea under control and reduce flare ups.
– Take care of your eyes by applying a warm wet cloth several times a day.
– use skin moisturisers that are gentle on the skin and try not to scratch or rub the skin.
– stay out of the sun in the middle of the day and at other times wear an spf 30 sunscreen.
– Keep a diary and take not of the triggers that cause flare ups. In future avoid these triggers as much as possible.
– Keep symptoms under control to reduce breakout and redness.
Excel V Laser Rosacea Treatment
There are many treatment options available to treat roasacea. Once the subtype and severity of the condition is identified a tailored treatment plan can be formulated. The use of lasers in the treatment of rosacea with red threadlike blood vessels has quickly been adopted by the medical community. The Excel V laser rosacea treatment by Cutera is a KTP 532nm laser and is excellent at targeting the red threadlike vessels associated with rosacea. The red blod vessels selectively absorb the energy of the laser and the vessels are sealed off. Hyperpigmented lesions are also fragmented, giving an improved appearance. The KTP laser targets oxyhemoglobin and melanin. Due to its short wavelength the KTP laser is only suitable for superficial lesions.After the treatement there is usually some swelling and redness which will subside. Because the KTP laser targets melanin, it is only suitable for lighter skinned people. Excel V laser rosacea treatment can help you. Try it today and see the difference it can make in your life.
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
- 1 Excel V Laser Rosacea Treatement Adelaide
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine
- 4 What Are The Causes Of Rosacea?
- 5 What Are The Symptoms of Rosacea?
- 6 How Is Rosacea Treated?
- 7 How Can You Prevent Flare Ups?
- 8 Excel V Laser Rosacea Treatment
- 9 ACM Price List
- 10 Our Location