EYEBROW LIFT ADELAIDE
Discover how an eyebrow lift using anti-wrinkle injections can transform the look of your face.
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine offers the effective eyebrow lift treatment using neuromodulators (derived from Clostridium Botulinum bacteria), commonly known as anti-wrinkle injections, carried out by our experienced doctor, Dr Rahma Targett. This procedure can also be referred to as the “brow arch procedure”. The injections can cause brow elevation and therefore can improve the shape of the brow arch and position of the eyebrows. Eyes appear more relaxed, refreshed and wider. The ‘Bot..x brow lift’, or ‘chemical lift’, is becoming a popular anti-ageing procedure for men and women who have a mild to moderate heaviness in the brow area and don’t want to undergo cosmetic surgery.
Read on for more information and we look forward to your visit.
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field, and the mother of two children.
What Are Muscle Relaxants?
Neuromodulators are a protein produced by bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It relaxes the muscle by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles.
The cosmetic effect of muscle relaxants was first documented as early as 1989. It is now regularly used by many, both male and female, as it is less intrusive and less artificial in appearance than the traditional form of treatment such as plastic surgery.
How Does The Treatment Work?
The eyebrow lift treatment works by relaxing the muscles above the delicate eye area that pull the browns down, resulting in enhancing the function of the muscle that lift the browns up. Additionally, it smoothes away worry lines and deep grooves caused by frowning along the lower forehead. When the muscles around the tops of the eyebrows are relaxed, the skin appears smoother, more toned and the brows are lifted and youthful.
Who Can Benefit From The Treatment?
Anti-wrinkle eyebrow lift treatment can be performed on all skin types and may be particularly effective for people who have naturally drooping eyelids and low-hanging eyebrows. The brow lift literally ‘lifts’ the skin tissues above and around the eyebrows so that the natural eyebrow arch is a few millimetres higher. Patients who experience mild hooding are usually suitable candidates for the procedure.
What Does The Procedure Involve?
Prior to the treatment:
Your specialist doctor will medically examine you and make sure you are suitable for the procedure. Topical anaesthetic or an ice pack may be applied to numb the area before the injection
- Treatment: A small amount of muscle relaxant will be injected at the area between and around eyebrows to relax the muscle that pulls the eyebrows down. The result will gradually appear and the final result will be achieved 2 weeks after the treatment
- Post-treatment: Avoid touching, rubbing or applying make up on the treated areas for 4 hours. The procedure takes around 15 minutes to complete. Specific aftercare instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment by Dr Targett.
Am I Suitable For The Treatment?
Only you and your doctor can decide if the treatment is right for you and your concerns. During your medical consultation, Dr Targett will asses your medical history and make sure you are suitable for the treatment.
Ensure you inform the doctor about all of your medical conditions, including:
- Diseases that affect your muscles and nerves such as Myasthenia Gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- Allergies to any Anti-wrinkle injection products
- Medication that you are currently taking
- Whether you have had any facial surgery or plan to have surgery in the future
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or breastfeeding
Are There Any Side Effects?
Injection-related side effects are minimal and temporary such as redness, swelling and bruising. Spreading of the muscle relaxant to the muscles nearby can be easily prevented by avoiding rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 4 hours.
How Long Do The Treatments Last?
The results last 4-6 months. The longevity of the result is variable and each individual may obtain a different result. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment in tune with changing taste and fashion.
What Will Happen If I Stop Having Muscle Relaxing Injections?
Your eyebrows will go back to where they were. You can stop and start having treatment again when ever you prefer.
Before & After
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
Dr Targett will be away on annual leave from 24th Dec 2019 until 17th Jan 2020. When she returns, she will be available at Unit 58, 41-47 Melbourne Street at the following times;
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
EYEBROW LIFT ADELAIDE
- 1.1 Dr R.Targett
- 1.2 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 1.3 What Are Muscle Relaxants?
- 1.4 How Does The Treatment Work?
- 1.5 Who Can Benefit From The Treatment?
- 1.6 What Does The Procedure Involve?
- 1.7 Am I Suitable For The Treatment?
- 1.8 Are There Any Side Effects?
- 1.9 How Long Do The Treatments Last?
- 1.10 What Will Happen If I Stop Having Muscle Relaxing Injections?
- 1.11 Before & After
- 1.12 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 1.13 Our Location
- 1.14 Opening Times
- 1.15 Parking
- 1.16 Recent Blogs
- 1.17 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 1.18 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 1.19 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 1.20 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 1.21 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?