Eyebrow Transplant - Adelaide
Are you tired of sparse, thin eyebrows that require constant maintenance and filling in with makeup? Look no further! At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in Adelaide, we offer the perfect solution for your eyebrow woes - FUE eyebrow transplant.
With our expertise in FUE techniques, we can create beautifully full and natural-looking eyebrows that will enhance your facial features and boost your confidence. Our skilled team of experts will carefully extract hair follicles from a donor area and implant them into the brow area, ensuring precision and optimal results.
Say goodbye to the hassle of daily eyebrow makeup application and hello to perfectly shaped and well-defined eyebrows that require minimal maintenance. Our FUE eyebrow transplant provides a long-lasting solution, allowing you to enjoy flawless brows that withstand any activity or occasion.
Invest in yourself and experience the transformative power of FUE eyebrow transplant at Advanced Cosmetic Medicine. Trust our renowned clinic to deliver exceptional results and help you achieve the eyebrows you've always desired. Say hello to the brows of your dreams with Advanced Cosmetic Medicine!
1) Natural-looking results:
FUE eyebrow transplant delivers incredibly natural-looking results as the individual hair follicles are carefully extracted and implanted to match your existing brow hair pattern.
2) Permanent solution:
Unlike temporary solutions such as makeup or microblading, FUE eyebrow transplant offers a permanent solution. Once the transplanted hairs grow, they will stay in place for a lifetime.
3) Customizable design:
With FUE eyebrow transplant, our skilled experts can customize the shape, thickness, and arch of your eyebrows to perfectly complement your facial features and desired aesthetic.
4) Minimal downtime:
The procedure is minimally invasive, and most individuals can return to their normal activities within a few days. There is minimal discomfort and scarring involved.
5. Low maintenance:
Once the transplanted hairs have grown, they require minimal maintenance. You can enjoy waking up with beautifully shaped eyebrows without the need for daily makeup application.
Having fuller and well-defined eyebrows can greatly enhance your overall appearance and boost your self-confidence. You'll feel more comfortable and self-assured in social and professional settings.
How it works
Why are my Eyebrows thinning?
- Natural aging process: Like hair on the scalp, eyebrows can thin with age as the hair follicles become less active.
- Overplucking or excessive grooming: Constantly plucking, threading, or waxing the eyebrows can damage the hair follicles and result in thinning over time.
- Medical conditions: Certain conditions like alopecia areata, hypothyroidism, and nutritional deficiencies can cause eyebrow thinning.
- Hormonal changes: Fluctuations in hormones, such as during pregnancy or menopause, can affect eyebrow thickness.
- Stress: Chronic stress can disrupt the hair growth cycle, leading to thinning eyebrows.
- Certain medications: Some medications may have side effects that include eyebrow thinning or hair loss.
- Genetics: Some individuals may have naturally thinner eyebrows due to their genetic makeup.
- Trauma or injury: Accidents or burns near the eyebrows can damage the hair follicles and cause thinning.
If you are concerned about eyebrow thinning, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional or an advanced cosmetic medicine specialist who can assess your situation and provide appropriate guidance or treatments to address the issue.
How is eyebrow transplant performed?
- Preparation: The eyebrow transplantation procedure is a day procedure that typically takes three to four hours. Local anesthesia is administered to both the donor and recipient sites, and you may also be given an oral sedative to help you relax during the procedure.
- Neograft FUE Technique: At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine, we utilize the innovative Neograft FUE technique. This specialized machine assists in the harvesting and implantation of hair follicles, minimizing trauma and ensuring a successful transplant.
- Harvesting: The first part of the procedure involves harvesting hair follicles or follicular units from the back of your head. These hairs are considered permanent and immune to male pattern baldness.
- Sorting: The harvested follicular units are then sorted into one and two strand units, which will produce the most natural-looking results in the eyebrows.
- Incisions: The next stage involves making incisions into the bald areas of the eyebrow where the new hairs will be transplanted. These incisions are carefully made to achieve precise angles and shape for a natural-looking eyebrow.
- Implantation: Dr. Targett will gently implant the follicles into the recipient incisions strand by strand. This delicate process requires meticulous care and attention to detail to achieve the desired natural eyebrow transplant result.
By following these steps, the eyebrow transplantation procedure aims to provide you with fuller, more defined eyebrows that enhance your overall appearance.
Am I a suitable candidate for eyebrow transplant?
Nearly everyone that suffers from eyebrow baldness will be a suitable candidate for eyebrow transplant. Unlike traditional hair transplant the number of hairs required is relatively few, so hair availability does not become a factor.
Before you have your eyebrow transplant, the doctor will ask you about your medical history. Please disclose any underlying medical conditions, allergies and medications that you are taking.
You may not be suitable for an eyebrow transplant if you have; alopecia create, trichotillomania, bleeding disorders, allergy to local anaesthetic or a history of complications related to cosmetic surgery.
It is always a good idea to have a consultation with your doctor to try to work out the cause of your eyebrow hair loss. There may be other factors contributing to your hair loss. Sometimes a blood test may be required to determine the cause of hair loss.
What should I expect after my eyebrow transplant?
Recovering from an eyebrow transplant is typically a quick process. Most individuals are able to return to work within a few days to a week. It is important to handle your new eyebrows with care during the initial few weeks, as they are delicate and can be easily dislodged. It is crucial to avoid picking at any scabbing that may occur in the first few days after the transplant.
Following the procedure, you will be provided with detailed aftercare instructions, which should be followed closely to ensure the best possible survival of your new eyebrows. It is advisable to refrain from exercising for at least three weeks after the procedure to allow for proper healing.
Around two to three weeks after the transplant, you may notice that the newly implanted follicles start to shed. This is a normal part of the process, as the hair follicles enter a dormant stage before regrowing in the coming months. It is important not to be alarmed by this temporary shedding, as it is an expected part of the eyebrow transplant journey.
What aftercare is required for eyebrow transplant?
Proper aftercare is essential to promote the healing and successful growth of your newly transplanted eyebrows. Here are some important aftercare instructions to follow:
- Keep the area clean: Gently clean the transplanted area with a mild, non-abrasive cleanser as instructed by your surgeon. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing the area to prevent dislodging the grafts.
- Avoid touching or picking: It is crucial to resist the temptation to touch or pick at the transplanted area, as this can disrupt the healing process and potentially damage the grafts.
- Protect from sun exposure: Avoid direct sun exposure to the transplanted area for at least a few weeks. If you must go outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat or use a gentle sunscreen specifically recommended by your surgeon.
- Avoid strenuous activities: Refrain from engaging in strenuous activities, including exercise, for at least a few weeks to minimize the risk of trauma to the transplanted area.
- Attend follow-up appointments: Make sure to attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor the progress of your eyebrow transplant and address any concerns or questions.
Dr Rahma Targett
Dr Rahma Targett is a General Practitioner(FRACGP), with a specialty in Cosmetic Medicine. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in 2016 and has since become well known as a trusted and in demand Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide. She has a Diploma in Dermoscopy and a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett is a leader in her field and regularly attends Cosmetic conferences to keep up to date with modern aesthetic techniques. At advanced Cosmetic Medicine you can always be reassured that you will be welcomed and treated personally by Dr Rahma Targett.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
How do I look after my new eyebrows?
Your new eyebrows now contain scalp hairs. It is important for you to know that these hairs will continue to grow as they did on the scalp. This basically means that you will need to trim your new eyebrow hair regularly, perhaps a few times each month.
The new eyebrow hairs may not always want to grow in the correct direction. If this happens you can train the hairs to grow in the direction you want by using hair gel or wax.
Apart from a bit of extra training and trimming your new eyebrows should remain permanent for life and require no extra special attention.
How long does it take to see the results of my eyebrow transplant?
After two to three weeks your new eyebrow hairs will begin to fall out. This is very normal and is called the telogen or sleeping phase of the hairs growth cycle. After about three months the newly implanted hairs will begin to grow again. You should see the full result of your eyebrow transplant after one year.
What are the possible side effects and complication from eyebrow transplant?
Very rarely, one of the risks involved with eyebrow transplantation is that the new follicles may not grow. If you follow the aftercare instructions you will provide your new follicles the best chance of survival.
Other risks and complications that may arise are;
- nerve damage
Most of these complications are short term and should resolve quickly. If you are concerned that things are not as you expect them to be, it is important to contact the clinic as soon as possible. Advanced Cosmetic Medicine always provide a complimentary after care service.