LED Light Therapy Adelaide - Red Light Therapy
Healite II: Harnessing the power of low-level light therapy (LLLT) for healing, pain relief, acne treatment, and skin rejuvenation.
Discover the therapeutic benefits of Healite II's advanced LED technology with wavelengths of 830/590 nm, 633 nm, and 415 nm.
Whether you seek faster wound healing, relief from muscle and joint pain, reduction of active acne, or rejuvenated skin, Healite II offers a safe and effective solution.
Experience the power of targeted LED light therapy without the risk of physical trauma or thermal damage. Enhance your well-being and appearance with Healite II, the trusted choice for professional LED light therapy treatments.
1. Skin Rejuvenation:
LED light therapy stimulates collagen production, reduces wrinkles, and improves skin texture, resulting in a more youthful and radiant complexion.
2. Acne Treatment:
LED light therapy targets acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation, helping to clear breakouts and prevent future acne flare-ups.
3. Pain Relief:
LED light therapy has analgesic properties that can alleviate muscle and joint pain, arthritis, and muscle spasms, promoting faster recovery and increased comfort.
4. Wound Healing:
LED light therapy accelerates the healing process by increasing blood circulation and promoting the production of new cells, making it effective for treating wounds, cuts, and scars.
5. IHair Regrowth:
LED light therapy stimulates hair follicles, promoting hair growth and improving the thickness and density of the hair.
6.Non-invasive and Safe:
LED light therapy is a non-invasive treatment that does not involve any harsh chemicals or thermal damage. It is safe for all skin types and can be used as a standalone therapy or in conjunction with other treatments for enhanced results.
How it works
What Is LED Light Therapy?
LED light therapy, also known as phototherapy, is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that uses different wavelengths of light to target specific skin concerns.
It involves exposing the skin to LED lights of various colors, such as red, blue, and yellow, to stimulate cellular activity and promote healing.
Each color of light has different benefits:
- red light helps with collagen production and skin rejuvenation
- blue light targets acne-causing bacteria
- yellow light reduces redness and inflammation.
LED light therapy is painless and gentle, making it suitable for all skin types. It is a popular treatment for improving skin tone, reducing acne, minimizing wrinkles, and enhancing overall skin health.
How Does LED Light Therapy Work?
It is incorporated as part of our facial packages.
What conditions can LED light therapy treat?
LED light therapy is a flexible and effective treatment that addresses a wide range of skin concerns. It is specifically designed to target various conditions such as mild to moderate acne, dermatitis, rosacea, enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles, psoriasis, hair loss, wound healing, eczema, sun damage, scarring, hyperpigmentation, and inflammation.
By utilizing specific wavelengths of light, LED light therapy penetrates deep into the skin, stimulating cellular function and promoting healing. It helps to balance oil production, reduce redness and inflammation, improve collagen production, promote circulation, and rejuvenate the skin.
Whether you're struggling with acne, signs of aging, or skin damage, LED light therapy offers a non-invasive and safe solution for achieving healthier, more radiant skin.
How do I prepare for LED light therapy?
Preparing for LED light therapy is simple and straightforward. Here are some key steps to follow:
- Cleanse: Start by cleansing your face to remove any makeup, dirt, or oils. This ensures that the LED light can penetrate the skin effectively.
- Exfoliate (if needed): If you have dry or flaky skin, gentle exfoliation prior to the treatment can help remove dead skin cells and promote better light absorption.
- Remove Jewelry: Take off any jewelry, including earrings and necklaces, as they can interfere with the light therapy session.
- Eye Protection: Wear protective goggles or eye shields provided by your practitioner to shield your eyes from the bright LED light.
- Relax: Take a few moments to relax and unwind before the treatment begins. Clear your mind and prepare to enjoy the soothing and rejuvenating effects of LED light therapy.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure a comfortable and effective LED light therapy session.
What should I expect when I undergo the treatment?
Before the LED light therapy treatment begins, it is important to remove all makeup and cleanse the face to ensure optimal results.
Patients are then provided with safety goggles to shield their eyes from the LED light.
LED panels are positioned a short distance away from the face or the targeted treatment area, and the session typically lasts around 15 to 20 minutes.
Throughout the treatment, patients typically experience no discomfort and instead enjoy a pleasant and soothing sensation of warmth. Many patients find the combination of the warmth and gentle lights to be relaxing and therapeutic.
LED light therapy is often combined with other complementary treatments such as a HydraFacial, but this will depend on the concerns patients wish to treat and the outcome they are looking for.
How many treatments are required?
The number of LED light therapy treatments required can vary depending on the individual's specific goals and concerns.
Typically, a series of multiple treatments is recommended for optimal results. This may range from 4 to 12 sessions, with each session spaced out at regular intervals, such as weekly or fortnightly.
The exact treatment plan will be determined during a consultation with a skincare professional.
What areas can be treated?
LED light therapy is a versatile treatment that can be used on various areas of the body.
It is commonly used to target the face, including the forehead, cheeks, and chin.
Additionally, it can be applied to other areas such as the neck, chest, back, and hands to address specific concerns.
What aftercare is required?
Proper aftercare is important to maximize the benefits of LED light therapy and promote optimal skin healing. Here are some essential aftercare steps to follow:
- Moisturize: Apply a nourishing moisturizer to hydrate your skin after the treatment. This helps lock in moisture and promotes a healthy skin barrier.
- Sun Protection: Shield your skin from the sun's harmful rays by wearing sunscreen with a high SPF. LED light therapy can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so sun protection is crucial.
- Avoid Harsh Products: Refrain from using harsh chemicals or exfoliants for at least 24 hours after the treatment. Opt for gentle, non-irritating skincare products to maintain the benefits of the therapy.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your body and skin hydrated from within. Hydration supports skin health and promotes healing.
- Follow Practitioner's Instructions: Follow any specific instructions given by your practitioner regarding post-treatment care. They may provide additional recommendations based on your individual needs.
By following these aftercare tips, you can help prolong the results of LED light therapy and maintain a healthy, glowing complexion.
Dr Rahma Targett
Dr Rahma Targett is a General Practitioner(FRACGP), with a specialty in Cosmetic Medicine. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in 2016 and has since become well known as a trusted and in demand Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide. She has a Diploma in Dermoscopy and a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett is a leader in her field and regularly attends Cosmetic conferences to keep up to date with modern aesthetic techniques. At advanced Cosmetic Medicine you can always be reassured that you will be welcomed and treated personally by Dr Rahma Targett.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
What are the types of LED Light Therapy?
The 415 nm wavelength is specifically targeted for the treatment of active acne through a process known as endogenous PDT (Photodynamic Therapy).
By utilizing the 415 nm wavelength, this therapy effectively targets the bacteria responsible for causing acne breakouts. The light energy penetrates the skin, reaching the sebaceous glands where the bacteria reside, and helps to destroy them. This results in a reduction in active acne lesions and a clearer complexion.
Through the application of the 415 nm wavelength, endogenous PDT offers an effective solution for individuals seeking to address and manage their active acne concerns, promoting healthier, blemish-free skin.
The 633 nm wavelength provides several therapeutic applications:
- Non-melanoma Skin Cancer: Used in conjunction with exogenous PDT (Photodynamic Therapy) using 5-ALA, it targets and treats non-melanoma skin cancer cells effectively.
- Skin Rejuvenation: Stimulates collagen production, improving skin tone and texture for a more youthful appearance.
- Hair Regrowth: Helps stimulate hair follicles and promote hair regrowth for individuals experiencing hair loss or thinning.
- Active Acne: Used alongside exogenous PDT with 5-ALA, it targets and reduces active acne breakouts for clearer skin.
Harnessing the power of the 633 nm wavelength, these treatments offer effective solutions for various skin concerns, providing targeted and beneficial results.
The combination of 830 nm and 590 nm photosequencing offers a wide range of benefits for various conditions:
- Wound Healing: Promotes faster healing of wounds and reduces inflammation.
- Pain Relief: Provides relief from muscle and joint pain, including arthritis and muscle spasms.
- Increased Blood Circulation: Temporarily enhances blood circulation, aiding in overall wellness.
- Hair Regrowth: Stimulates hair follicles for improved hair growth and thickness.
- Acne Treatment: Helps reduce acne breakouts and inflammation, promoting clearer skin.
- Skin Rejuvenation: Enhances collagen production, improves skin texture, and reduces signs of aging.
This advanced photosequencing technology delivers targeted light therapy, harnessing the power of specific wavelengths to address various concerns effectively.
Who can benefit from LED light therapy?
LED light therapy is suitable for a wide range of individuals seeking various skin improvements.
It can benefit those with acne-prone skin, signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
It is also beneficial for individuals looking to enhance overall skin health and rejuvenation.
What results can you expect?
After having LED light therapy you will notice a brighter, clearer and smoother complexion. After several treatments, you will notice improvement s in texture, tone and clarity.
Studied have revealed that 80% of clients report a softening of fine lines and 75% say they have smoother and softer skin.
How long will results last?
Having regular LED light therapy treatments will help you maintain results, as well as taking good care of your skin by applying sunscreen and moisturiser.
Are there any side effects?
There aren’t any side effects. This is a completely safe treatment that is approved by the TGA in Australia.
How long does the treatment take?
A treatment will on average take about thirty minutes. Makeup will need to be removed before the treatment.
Can I have a treatment if I take Retin-A or Accutane?
Yes, LED light therapy will not react with either of these acne treatments. LED light therapy has a calming effect on the skin and should not aggravate your skin in any way.
Is LED Therapy painful?
LED light therapy is a non-abrasive and non-invasive procedure. It is not painful, in fact, most people claim it to be a very relaxing and enjoyable procedure.
Can I have other cosmetic treatments on the same day?
Yes. LED therapy works well with other treatments. In fact LED is often used by our clients after having anti wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. It can be used to help sooth and calm the skin after these treatments.
Is there any downtime?
The great thing about LED light therapy is that there is absolutely no down time. If you combine the treatment with other treatments such as chemical peel then downtime will apply. LED therapy can be used after laser treatment to help sooth the skin and promote healing.
Can I go into the sun after having LED Therapy?
After the treatment, you will be able to go into the sun as usual. Of course, we recommend that you use sunscreen always. The LED treatment will not affect your suntan.