Laser Genesis – Adelaide
At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine and laser clinic, we offer the cutting-edge Laser Genesis treatment using the Excel V+ Laser by Cutera. If you're seeking to reverse the signs of aging and rejuvenate your skin, we have the latest tools to make it possible.
As we age, our skin is often the first to show the effects. Years of sun exposure without proper protection can result in premature aging. This can manifest as various issues, including rosacea, fine lines, wrinkles, and stubborn pigmentation. While high-quality skincare products can help prevent further damage, laser treatments are the solution when the damage has already occurred.
At ACM, we utilize the advanced Laser Genesis technology by Cutera to deliver exceptional results. This state-of-the-art treatment efficiently targets and addresses all signs of aging, providing precise and improved outcomes. With Laser Genesis, you can expect a more effective approach to eliminating these signs of aging, surpassing traditional methods and yielding remarkable results.
1. Skin Rejuvenation:
Laser Genesis stimulates collagen production in the skin, promoting natural rejuvenation. It helps improve the overall texture, tone, and elasticity of the skin, resulting in a more youthful and radiant appearance.
2. Wrinkle Reduction:
By stimulating collagen production, Laser Genesis can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It smooths out the skin's surface, making it look more plump and youthful.
3. Reduces Redness and Rosacea:
Laser Genesis targets and reduces redness in the skin. It can effectively address conditions like rosacea, reducing facial flushing and the appearance of broken capillaries.
4. Minimizes Pore Size:
The treatment can help shrink enlarged pores, making them appear smaller and less noticeable. This leads to smoother-looking skin and a more refined complexion.
5. Improves Acne and Scarring:
Laser Genesis can be beneficial for individuals with acne-prone skin. It helps reduce active acne by targeting the sebaceous glands, while also improving the appearance of acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
6. No Downtime:
One of the advantages of Laser Genesis is that it is a non-invasive procedure, meaning there is no downtime or recovery period required. You can resume your regular activities immediately after the treatment, making it a convenient option for those with busy lifestyles.
How it works
How Does Laser Genesis Work?
The Laser Genesis treatment utilises safe, non-invasive laser technology to reduce fine lines, diffuse redness and scars. It employs a microsecond 1064nm wavelength of laser energy to gently heat the upper dermis, stimulating collagen regrowth to reduce fine lines and coagulating dilated capillaries to reduce redness, without unwanted downtime.
Laser Genesis is a non-ablative procedure, meaning it does not injure the surface of the skin, so you will not get any peeling.
The heat from the laser can kill bacteria deep within the skin, to help diminish acne as well as helping to prevent any new breakouts. The heat from the laser also causes micro-injuries within the skin which invokes the bodies own healing mechanisms to produce more collagen. The production of collagen can help to remodel scars, making them less noticeable, as well as improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Cosmetic injectables and plastic surgery alone cannot give you healthy radiant skin. To get the best and healthiest skin, you need to work at the subdermal levels using ND Yag 1064nm Laser Genesis to stimulate collagen and elastin. This will ultimately result in the best skin rejuvenation and also decelerate skin ageing.
What Conditions Can Laser Genesis Treat
Laser Genesis can effectively address the following skin concerns:
- Active Acne, Acne Scars, and Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation: Laser Genesis treatment can help reduce active acne, minimize the appearance of acne scars, and fade post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, resulting in clearer and smoother skin.
- Rosacea and Facial Redness, including Small Spider Veins: Laser Genesis can target and reduce facial redness associated with rosacea, as well as minimize the appearance of small spider veins, promoting a more even and balanced skin tone.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Laser Genesis treatment can improve the evenness and homogeneity of your skin tone, addressing areas of hyperpigmentation or uneven coloration, leading to a more uniform complexion.
- Pigmentation Issues: Laser Genesis can help reduce unwanted pigmentation, including sunspots, age spots, and other pigmentation irregularities, resulting in a more balanced and clearer skin tone.
- Pore Size Reduction: The treatment is effective in minimizing the size of pores, making them appear smaller and less noticeable, giving your skin a smoother and more refined texture.
- Skin Volume and Elasticity Improvement: By stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, Laser Genesis enhances skin volume and elasticity, making it appear more plump and youthful.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles Reduction: Laser Genesis treatment can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, resulting in smoother and more youthful-looking skin.
How do I prepare for Laser Genesis?
To prepare for a Laser Genesis treatment, here are some general guidelines:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with a qualified practitioner or dermatologist experienced in Laser Genesis. During this consultation, your skin will be assessed, and the practitioner will determine if you are a suitable candidate for the treatment.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Minimize sun exposure and protect your skin from UV radiation for at least two weeks prior to the treatment. This includes avoiding tanning beds and sunbathing. Sun-damaged skin is more prone to complications during laser treatments, so it's important to protect your skin beforehand.
- Discontinue Certain Medications: Inform your practitioner about any medications or supplements you are currently taking. Some medications, such as photosensitizing medications or blood thinners, may need to be temporarily discontinued before the treatment to reduce the risk of complications. Follow your practitioner's guidance regarding medication adjustments.
- Avoid Skin Irritants: Refrain from using harsh skincare products, such as exfoliants, retinoids, or chemical peels, for a few days before the treatment. These products can make your skin more sensitive and increase the risk of adverse reactions during the laser procedure.
- Cleanse Your Skin: On the day of the treatment, ensure that your skin is clean and free from makeup, lotions, or other skincare products. Follow any specific cleansing instructions provided by your practitioner.
- Discuss Medical History: Communicate any relevant medical history, including previous laser treatments, skin conditions, or allergies, with your practitioner. This information will help ensure a safe and effective treatment.
What should I expect during my Laser Genesis treatment?
During a Laser Genesis treatment, here's what you can generally expect:
- Preparation: Before the treatment begins, you may be asked to cleanse your face and remove any makeup or skincare products. Protective eyewear will be provided to shield your eyes from the laser light.
- Comfortable Environment: You'll be comfortably positioned in a treatment chair or bed. The room will be set up with the necessary equipment, and the practitioner will ensure you are at ease throughout the procedure.
- Application of Gel: A cooling gel may be applied to your skin to enhance the effectiveness of the laser and provide a soothing sensation.
- Laser Application: The practitioner will use a handheld device that emits gentle laser energy. They will move the device over the target areas, typically covering the entire face. The laser energy will penetrate the deeper layers of your skin without causing any discomfort.
- Sensations: During the treatment, you may feel a warming or tingling sensation on your skin. Some people compare it to the feeling of a warm massage. The procedure is generally well-tolerated and does not cause significant pain.
- Duration: The length of a Laser Genesis session can vary depending on the specific areas being treated and the individual's needs. Typically, a session lasts between 30 to 60 minutes.
- No Downtime: After the treatment, you can immediately resume your daily activities. There is no downtime or recovery period associated with Laser Genesis.
- Results: While you may notice some immediate improvements in your skin's appearance, the full benefits of Laser Genesis often become more noticeable over time. It is recommended to undergo a series of treatments, typically spaced a few weeks apart, to achieve optimal results.
Are there any risks or complications associated with Laser Genesis?
Laser Genesis is a highly safe and efficient treatment that carries minimal risks or complications.
Apart from the expected redness as a normal post-treatment response, there is a low chance of experiencing burns or blisters, which are rare incidents.
Patients are advised to inform Dr. Targett about any previous adverse reactions to laser treatments during their consultation.
What does Laser Genesis feel like? Is it painful?
During a Laser Genesis treatment, most individuals describe the sensation as comfortable and tolerable.
The procedure typically involves a warming sensation as the laser energy is applied to the skin, which is generally well-tolerated without causing pain. Some may feel a slight tingling or prickling sensation, similar to tiny pinpricks on the skin.
It's important to note that the treatment is non-invasive and not typically associated with significant discomfort. Cooling measures, such as the application of a cooling gel, may be used to enhance comfort during the procedure.
Overall, Laser Genesis is generally considered a comfortable and relaxing experience for most people.
Who is suitable for the treatment?
Laser Genesis treatments are highly suitable and beneficial for individuals experiencing the mentioned conditions. It is a versatile treatment suitable for people of all ages, skin types, and skin tones.
Nevertheless, it is important to note that pregnant or lactating women are not recommended for laser treatments. Additionally, individuals with recent sunburn should allow their skin to heal before undergoing Laser Genesis treatments. These precautions ensure the safety and effectiveness of the procedure.
Dr Rahma Targett
Dr Rahma Targett is a General Practitioner(FRACGP), with a specialty in Cosmetic Medicine. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in 2016 and has since become well known as a trusted and in demand Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide. She has a Diploma in Dermoscopy and a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett is a leader in her field and regularly attends Cosmetic conferences to keep up to date with modern aesthetic techniques. At advanced Cosmetic Medicine you can always be reassured that you will be welcomed and treated personally by Dr Rahma Targett.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
How many treatments will I need?
On average, patients require 4-6 treatments to see maximum results. Every patient’s needs vary. Our certified laser specialist will recommend a treatment plan specifically for you and your needs.
What areas can be treated?
Laser Genesis may be performed on the face, neck and chest. It can be used on any other part of the body to help reduce the appearance of scars.
How should I prepare for Laser Genesis?
deally you should arrive at your appointment without any makeup.
Men should also be cleanly shaved prior to the treatment.
Laser Genesis works best on white skin, but is suitable for all skin tones. It is best to avoid tanning beds and sun exposure for two weeks prior to treatment.
Also avoid Glycolic Acid and Retin A for one one week before your appointment.
What aftercare is required?
A cool pack may be applied to the face immediately after the treatment to reduce redness and swelling.
You may moisturize your skin after the first 48 hours
After your treatment you should stay well hydrated. Wear sunscreen when you go into the sun and avoid sun exposure as much as possible. This is important to help prevent the possibility of PIH (Post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation).
Avoid any skin irritants
Avoid injectable treatments two weeks before and after your treatment.
When will I see results?
You will slowly start to see results 3-9 weeks after your first treatment because we are repairing cells deep in the middle layer of the skin. Once these cells start to come to the surface, you will see improvements in texture, redness, scarring and fine lines.