LED Light Therapy Adelaide
Leave your skin looking radiant, energised and rejuvenated with LED light therapy.
You may be interested to know that back in the 70’s, NASA scientists discovered that light emitting diodes (LEDs) were able to stimulate plant growth. It was subsequently found to have the same effect on our skin by way of stimulating the mitochondria in the skin cells and boosting the production of elastin and collagen. This has proven to be one giant leap for our skin care. Thanks to NASA.
So exactly how does LED light have an effect on our complexion and skin health? The LED light penetrates the skin, stimulating cellular mechanisms and activity. It is able to enhance skin healing, plump up the skin thus eliminating fine lines as well as eliminate bacteria which cause acne.
Unlike Laser treatment, there is no risk of burning or scarring and there is absolutely no downtime. A handful of treatments will make your skin radiant and glowing.
We look forward to your visit.
Dr Rahma Targett
“Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology and has a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field and mother of two children.
Benefits of LED Light Therapy Include;
- Has powerful antibacterial properties
- Improves acne prone skin
- Destroys acne bacteria
- Calms inflammation and redness
- Increases the production of collagen and elastin in the skin
- Helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin texture and tone
- Stimulates circulation and lymphatics
- Gives the skin radiance and improves skin clarity
About LED Light Technology
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode. It is basically a computer chip that produces light when an electric voltage is applied. Unlike normal light globes, they do not have a wire filament, so will not burn out. They also put out very little heat energy.
LED are able to be manufactured in a variety of different colour or wavelengths of light. Different wavelengths of light of light can penetrate skin tissue to different depths. The longer the wavelength the deeper the light can penetrate. If you hold a red light up against your hand, you will see the light penetrating through the other side of your hand.
How Does LED Light Therapy Work?
Unfortunately, as we get older the skin cells ability to manufacture supportive structures such as collagen and elastin star to slow down. Environmental damage from toxins as well as the suns UV radiation can speed up the process resulting in the skins reduced ability to produce elastin and collagen. It is the goal of LED light therapy to target the skin’s cells responsible for the synthesis of collagen and elastin, thus enhancing skin volume, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and improving skin tone.
Types of LED Light Therapies
Blue Light LED is able to target and kill bacteria that are responsible for acne. When used in combination with red light LED it is even more effective in treating breakouts by calming the skin.
Red light LED is known to stimulate the production of elastin and collagen and also improves circulation for a tighter and smoother skin. Collagen plumps the skin to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Infrared LED penetrates the skin the most and is responsible for triggering wound healing processes and helping to reduce inflammation and associated pain.
LED Light therapy is quick and painless and there is no downtime afterwards. It can be performed alone or in combination with facials and other skin care procedures such as Laser Genesis, Chemical Peels and Microdermabrasion.
Who Can Benefit From LED Light Therapy?
Men and women of all ages and skin types are able to benefit from LED light therapy.
The treatment sessions take about twenty minutes, after which you can resume your normal daily activities.
What Results Can You Expect From Several Treatments?
After having LED light therapy you will notice a brighter, clearer and smoother complexion. After several treatments, you will notice improvement s in texture, tone and clarity. Studied have revealed that 80% of clients report a softening of fine lines and 75% say they have smoother and softer skin.
How Long Will The Effects Last?
Having regular LED light therapy treatments will help you maintain results, as well as taking good care of your skin by applying sunscreen and moisturiser.
How Does The Treatment Work?
Our skin therapist will analyse your skin condition and suggest the best treatment plan for you. Often LED light therapy is best used in combination with other therapies such as Laser Genesis, Chemical Peel, Microdermabrasion.
The required LED light wavelength will be shone over the area that is to be treated. This will make your face feel warm and you should have a feeling of overall relaxation. We recommend a series of six treatments, with one week between each treatment for best results.
Are There Any Side Effects?
There aren’t any side effects. This is a completely safe treatment that is approved by the TGA in Australia.
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
A treatment will on average take about thirty minutes. makeup will need to be removed before the treatment.
Can I Have The Treatment if Take retin-A or Accutane ?
Yes, LED light therapy will not react with either of these acne treatments. LED light therapy has a calming effect on the skin and should not aggravate your skin in any way.
Is LED Therapy Painful?
LED light therapy is a non-abrasive and non-invasive procedure. It is not painful, in fact, most people claim it to be a very relaxing and enjoyable procedure.
Can I Have Microdermabrasion or Skin Peels at The Same Time?
Yes, you can undergo other non-surgical cosmetic procedures on the same day as having LED light therapy.
Is There Any Down Time?
The great thing about LED light therapy is that there is absolutely no down time. If you combine the treatment with other treatments such as chemical peel then downtime will apply. LED therapy can be used after laser treatment to help sooth the skin and promote healing.
Can I Go Into The Sun After?
After the treatment you will be able to go into the sun as usual. Of cause we recommend that you use sunscreen always. The LED treatment will not affect your suntan.
Kerri-Anne Kennerley’s Weapon Against Ageing!
|LED Light Therapy (for 1 Treatment)||$99|
|LED Light Therapy (for 10 Treatments)||$700|
Before and After Having LED Light Therapy
Other Related Pages
Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
|Tuesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Wednesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Thursday||12.30pm to 6.00pm|
|Friday||12.00pm to 6.00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 3.00pm|
ACM RELATED POSTS
- 1 LED Light Therapy Adelaide
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 “Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
- 4 Benefits of LED Light Therapy Include;
- 5 About LED Light Technology
- 6 How Does LED Light Therapy Work?
- 7 Types of LED Light Therapies
- 8 Who Can Benefit From LED Light Therapy?
- 9 What Results Can You Expect From Several Treatments?
- 10 How Long Will The Effects Last?
- 11 How Does The Treatment Work?
- 12 Are There Any Side Effects?
- 13 How Long Does The Treatment Take?
- 14 Can I Have The Treatment if Take retin-A or Accutane ?
- 15 Is LED Therapy Painful?
- 16 Can I Have Microdermabrasion or Skin Peels at The Same Time?
- 17 Is There Any Down Time?
- 18 Can I Go Into The Sun After?
- 19 Kerri-Anne Kennerley’s Weapon Against Ageing!
- 20 Price of
- 22 Before and After Having LED Light Therapy
- 23 Other Related Pages
- 24 Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
- 25 Our Location
- 26 Opening Times
- 27 Parking
- 28 ACM RELATED POSTS
- 29 We’ve Found An Anti-Aging Treatment That Actually Works
- 30 The “Vampire Facial” Arrives In Adelaide And It’s Better Than Ever!
- 31 Factor4 Launches In Adelaide, Superseding ‘Vampire Facials’ In The Quest For Youth
- 32 Hair Loss Treatment? Yes, it’s called the FACTOR 4 miracle treatment of the century!
- 33 FACTOR 4 : The New Way To Rejuvenate
- 34 Skin Rejuvenation – Early Intervention Works Best
- 35 LASER GENESIS – FOR NO DOWNTIME FACIAL REJUVENATION
- 36 Everything You Need to Know About Facial Skin Needling With the Dermapen 4
- 37 Why Tear Trough Fillers Help With Loss of Volume
- 38 Top 5 Acne Treatments Recommended By A Doctor
- 39 Non-Surgical Hand Rejuvenation For Younger Looking Hands
- 40 Thread Lift – Is This The New Facelift?
- 41 Kleresca Skin Rejuvenation – The Natural Way To Restore Skin Volume
- 42 V2 Beauty Booster – Skin Rejuvenation Like No Other
- 43 Biostimulation – The 4 answers to naturally rejuvenating your skin at Advanced Cosmetic Medicine.
- 44 Top 5 Reasons Why LED Phototherapy is Everyone’s Favourite!
- 45 Laser Genesis – Hollywood’s skin rejuvenation secret
- 46 FACTOR 4 – Hair Loss Treatment
- 47 Did you know laser Genesis is great for Acne Scars!
- 48 Laser Genesis – The New Age Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation