NON SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY ADELAIDE
Correct lumps, bumps and nose irregularities using natural nose fillers. Non-surgical rhinoplasty also known as nose reshaping or nose job can be perfect for people with minor nose irregularities, looking to smooth out minor lumps and bumps with minimal downtime and no invasive surgery.
Bumps or protrusions cannot be removed with nose fillers, rather, hollows can be filled in to straighten the nose. For example, if there is a prominent nasal bridge (hook nose), then the area above and below the bend can be filled to straighten the nose. Another example of non-surgical nose reshaping is when a nose deviates to one side, the concave side can be filler to make it appear straighter.
Nasal tip elevation is often desired by patients. This can be achieved by injecting the tip of the nose, as well as by injecting nose filler in the base of the collumellar (the underside of the nose separating the nostrils) to lower it, which makes the tip appear elevated.
Subtle adjustments can make a big difference to the overall appearance of your nose. Dr Targett has the medical qualifications and extensive experience in state of the art injection techniques required to achieve optimal nose reshaping results.
Read on for more information and we look forward to your visit.
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field, and the mother of two children.
Dermal Nose Fillers for Non Surgical Rhinplasty Can Help to:
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty involves expert placement of soft dermal fillers, or gel, into the area to balance, or fine-tune, nose imperfections such as:
- Bumps on the bridge of your nose
- Asymmetrical or crooked shape
- Noses that may prefer more definition
- Previous nose injuries that have caused irregularities
- Refinement following surgical rhinoplasty or reconstruction
Benefits of Non Surgical Rhinoplasty
Your nose is the most noticeable feature of your face. One of the first things that people notice about you is your nose.
The benefits of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty often referred to as a nose job are:
- Will help to boost your confidence and improve your overall appearance.
- The non-surgical option has fewer risks and side effects than the surgical option.
- The effects are only temporary, so if you have a change of heart and want to go back to your old look then it is still possible.
- Permanent dermal nose fillers are available for those that want long-lasting results.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty is easier and more cost-effective compared to the surgical option.
- There is little pain involved in the procedure and the procedure has very little downtime for recovery.
Nose correction or nose reshaping involving son surgical rhinoplasty is one of the most desired cosmetic procedures, but many patients are frightened by the potential complications and the risk of unfavourable cosmetic results. Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a non-invasive alternative to traditional rhinoplasty. Sometimes it is called the 15-minute nose job as the treatment involves only dermal filler injections to reshape the nose.
Nose reshaping is an excellent, affordable option for people who want to change the shape of their nose but do not want surgery. Results for nose reshaping are instant; there is no excessive downtime, no general anaesthetic and no prolonged healing.
Who Is A Suitable Candidate For Nose Reshaping?
Nose reshaping using non-surgical rhinoplasty may be a good option for you if;
- The symmetry of your nose needs improving
- If you have irregular contours that need to be smoothed out.
- If you have a bump the surrounding tissue can be filled in to diminish its appearance.
- If you have grooves, dents or depressions that need to be filled in
- If the tip of your nose requires elevation.
- If you have a flat nose bridge you wish to raise.
- If you want to reduce the appearance of a rounded nose tip
- If your nose is slightly crooked.
- If you have a hooked shaped nose that needs straightening.
- If you want to make minor refinements after having surgical rhinoplasty.
What Does the Nose Job Procedure Involve?
Prior to Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment:
A topical anaesthetic will be applied for 20-30 minutes prior to the treatment for additional comfort
Dermal Nose filler is injected in small amounts and in precise locations into your skin so that there is total control over the shape and contours created by the procedure. The doctor will then massage the product to re-shape the nose. During the procedure, you are fully awake. You hold a mirror and you are in complete control of the procedure’s results
You should avoid touching or applying make up on the treated area for 6 hours in order to prevent infection. Specific post-treatment instructions will be given during your visit by our Clinic Coordinator. The results are immediate and last from 6-12 months. As the results are relatively temporary, adjustments can be made as your face changes over time to ensure you always retain a natural look.
What Type Of Nose Fillers Are Used For Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?
There is a multitude of nose fillers on the market these days. Each one has its own merits and particular characteristics. Unfortunately, due to regulatory requirements in Australia, individual brand names are not allowed to be mentioned.
When deciding which one is most suitable for you, your practitioner will consider;
- Your unique treatment requirements.
- How long you want it to last?
- What allergies you have and whether you have any allergies to the nose filler ingredients.
- Your practitioner will decide upon a nose filler that meets your individual needs and one that is cost effective and provide you with a good outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the types of dermal nose fillers that can be used in the nose?
Generally, a shorter lasting and reversible nose fillers can be used to ‘test’ to see if the treatment leads to an aesthetic improvement. The longevity of these nose fillers are about 6 months in the nose, and are usually made from natural product (term forbidden by TGA). If one is happy with the improvement, the second option is usually to try a longer lasting filler like Radiesse. Radiesse can also be used as a first line filler for the nose, as it has a similar feel to the nose and has greater lift and longevity than the natural product (term forbidden by TGA) fillers. Radiesse is not reversible however, and tends to last from 12 to 18 months. The average volume required of Radiesse for a nose is approximately 0.3 to 0.4mL.
What are the risks of non-surgical rhinoplasty?
One of the rare, but important risks to consider when having non surgical nose job is the risk of compromising the blood supply. It is possible for filler to be injected directly into the arteries that supply the nose, which causes an immediately blanching of the skin and can lead to death of the skin and scarring. Another possibility is when the filler causes compression of the local blood supply (the space in the nose becomes too tight), which can also lead to similar problems.
The risks increase significantly if one has had surgery on the nose in the past, as this alters the normal blood supply and anatomy of the nose, making it more likely for dermal nose fillers obstruct the blood supply.
To avoid the above risk, we mostly use blunt cannulae rather than needles, as cannulae are less likely to directly enter the blood vessels than a sharp needle. Our practitioners’ experience also allows them to have a better feel of what is happening during the injection due to feedback from the amount of pressure imparted on the syringe plunger.
What type of dermal filler is used to re-shape nose?
The most common dermal Filler used for nose area is Natural Product (term forbidden by TGA).
What is the recovery time?
There is very little to no down-time involved in a nose job procedure. In fact, most patients return to their normal, daily activities right after their visit. There is no significant swelling, bruising or pain. However, sunglasses or heavy eyeglasses must be avoided for two weeks after the procedure
How long does the result last?
The results of a non surgical nose job generally last from 6-12 months. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment in tune with changing taste and fashion
What is the aftercare for dermal fillers?
First 24 hours Avoid excessive alcohol, and aerobic exercise after the procedure. If you get any bruising, apply ice and arnica cream, and only use mineral based makeup. Depending on bruising, take arnica tablets for 1 to 5 days afterwards. Gently massage the treated areas at home over a clean cloth. If you are prone to cold sores and you have been treated in that area, ask your GP to prescribe zovirax tablets to be taken just before the treatment, and for a few days after.
24-48 hours Do not apply any cosmetics to the treated area for the first 48 hours. Especially avoid moisturisers or products that contain AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids/Glycolics), BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acids) or Retinoids.
Avoid taking Aspirin/Disprin, anti-inflammatory and pharmaceutical blood thinners.
Avoid sunbeds and saunas, and excessive sweating and sun exposure.
Gently massage the treated areas with clean fingers smoothing away any remaining Dermal Filler llumps from the procedure.
First 14 days Avoid having facials, waxing, Gycolic or AHA peels, liquid Nitrogen or Laser treatments on the treatment area for the next 14 days. Laser resurfacing should only be be done after the dermal filler has disappeared from the skin.
After 14 days Continue to apply Results Active Protect SPF 30+ sunscreen every day to avoid further sun damage and aging of your skin from the Australian sun.
We recommend you to return to Results Laser Clinic within two to four weeks after non surgical nose job treatment, so we can assess your satisfaction with the outcome.
How soon will I see results?
The improvement from nose fillers is immediate whereas anti-wrinkle injections usually show results in 1 to 2 days. You will see the results of a nose reshaping procedure straight after the procedure. Bear in mind that there will be some degree of swelling.
Price of Non Surgical Rhinoplsty
|Non Surgical Rhinoplasty||$700|
Before and After Non Surgical Rhinoplasty
Disclaimer – Individual results vary.
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
Dr Targett will be away on annual leave from 24th Dec 2019 until 17th Jan 2020. When she returns, she will be available at Unit 58, 41-47 Melbourne Street at the following times;
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
NON SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY ADELAIDE
- 1.1 Dr R.Targett
- 1.2 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 1.3 Dermal Nose Fillers for Non Surgical Rhinplasty Can Help to:
- 1.4 Benefits of Non Surgical Rhinoplasty
- 1.5 Nose Correction
- 1.6 Who Is A Suitable Candidate For Nose Reshaping?
- 1.7 What Does the Nose Job Procedure Involve?
- 1.8 What Type Of Nose Fillers Are Used For Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.10 What are the types of dermal nose fillers that can be used in the nose?
- 1.11 What are the risks of non-surgical rhinoplasty?
- 1.12 What type of dermal filler is used to re-shape nose?
- 1.13 What is the recovery time?
- 1.14 How long does the result last?
- 1.15 What is the aftercare for dermal fillers?
- 1.16 How soon will I see results?
- 1.17 Price of Non Surgical Rhinoplsty
- 1.19 Before and After Non Surgical Rhinoplasty
- 1.20 Other Related Pages
- 1.21 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 1.22 Our Location
- 1.23 Opening Times
- 1.24 Parking
- 1.25 Recent Blogs
- 1.26 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 1.27 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 1.28 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 1.29 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 1.30 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?