POIKILODERMA TREATMENT ADELAIDE
Poikiloderma of Civatte is a common, benign skin condition that mainly affects the skin on the sides of the neck. It mainly affects women.
It characteristically spares the shaded area under the chin. The skin in the affected skin is red-brown with prominent hair follicles. The term “poikiloderma” refers to a change in the skin where there is thinning, increased pigmentation and dilation of the fine blood vessels (telangiectasia).
Civatte was a French dermatologist who first described a common weathering change that affects the skin of the sides and front of the neck.
Read on for more information and we look forward to your visit.
What is the Cause of Poikiloderma?
The exact cause is unknown. Contributing factors are:
- Fair skin
- Accumulated sun exposure
- Photosensitising components of cosmetics and toiletries, especially perfumes
- Hormonal factors
How to Treat Poikiloderma?
There are several treatments to correct poikiloderma but topical creams are not effective. The best treatment is prevention with very good daily sunblock. Once poikiloderma is present the best treatments involve laser treatments to treat the varying aspects of red and brown discolouration in the skin.
The Xcel V Coolglide laser specifically target’s the brown pigmentation and red vascular nature of Poikiloderma. Several treatments may be required to achieve good results. Excel V laser has no downtime and you will be able to return to work the same day.
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field, and the mother of two children.
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
Dr Targett will be away on annual leave from 24th Dec 2019 until 17th Jan 2020. When she returns, she will be available at Unit 58, 41-47 Melbourne Street at the following times;
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
POIKILODERMA TREATMENT ADELAIDE
- 1.1 What is the Cause of Poikiloderma?
- 1.2 How to Treat Poikiloderma?
- 1.3 Dr R.Targett
- 1.4 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 1.5 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 1.6 Our Location
- 1.7 Opening Times
- 1.8 Parking
- 1.9 Recent Blogs
- 1.10 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 1.11 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 1.12 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 1.13 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 1.14 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?