Platelet Rich Plasma Adelaide
One of the latest advancements in skin rejuvenation techniques is the PRP Micro-Droplet Treatment, sometimes known as the Vampire Facial. The process medically referred to as platelet-rich plasma injections, earned the nickname vampire facial because it involves withdrawing some of the patient’s own blood and using certain beneficial elements of it to counteract the signs of ageing and restore a youthful appearance to the skin.
We look forward to your visit.
Dr Rahma Targett
“Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology and has a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field and mother of two children.
Healing damaged tissue areas
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections are a treatment method that uses components of the body’s own blood that contain a high concentration of proteins and growth factors. These proteins and growth factors are effective in stimulating a healing response in damaged tissue areas.
The body utilises platelets, growth factors and white blood cells to initiate and accelerate the growth of new tissue and repair injuries related to ageing, sun damage and other conditions. By adding to the platelet count, collagen and elastin production within the skin are stimulated, diminishing fine lines and tightening the contours of the face.
Refreshes and revitalises the skin
Dr Rahma Targett injects the platelet-rich plasma into ageing or damaged skin for an effective yet minimally invasive treatment option. By enhancing the body’s natural healing abilities, patients are able to enjoy a smoother, more youthful look and skin that is revitalised and refreshed.
While platelet-rich plasma is a new form of therapy in dermatology, it has been employed for years in orthopaedics and sports medicine practices. PRP injections are used to treat a wide range of conditions, including arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, ligament sprains or tears and more.
The PRP micro-droplet treatment
During the PRP micro-droplet treatment, a small amount of blood is drawn from the patient’s arm and placed in a processing unit to separate the platelets, white blood cells and serum from the red blood cells. The platelets, growth factors and white blood cells are then placed in a centrifuge and concentrated.
The platelet-rich plasma that is produced is loaded into several syringes. Dr. Targett uses the tiny needles to make microscopic punctures in the skin to deliver the PRP directly into the targeted areas to maximise its absorption.
The treatment typically takes between 15 and 45 minutes to complete and is performed under local anaesthetic, which numbs the injection sites to minimise pain for patients. Most patients tolerate the injections well and experience little to no discomfort. The number of sessions recommended will vary depending on the condition of your skin, but optimal results are usually achieved in one to three treatments.
PRP micro-droplet treatment risks
Since the PRP is produced from the patient’s own blood, there is little risk of developing complications when this procedure is performed by an experienced doctor. There is always some risk of infection with any type of injection, but most patients undergo this procedure with no problems.
Dr Targett can help you to determine whether a PRP micro-droplet treatment is right for you. If you are interested in learning more about the treatment and platelet-rich plasma, please call us today to schedule an appointment.
|Platelet Rich Plasma||$550|
Before and After Having PRP
Other Related Pages
Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
|Tuesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Wednesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Thursday||12.30pm to 6.00pm|
|Friday||12.00pm to 6.00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 3.00pm|
ACM RELATED POSTS
- 1 Platelet Rich Plasma Adelaide
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 “Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
- 4 Healing damaged tissue areas
- 5 Refreshes and revitalises the skin
- 6 The PRP micro-droplet treatment
- 7 PRP micro-droplet treatment risks
- 8 Price of
- 10 Before and After Having PRP
- 11 Other Related Pages
- 12 Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
- 13 Our Location
- 14 Opening Times
- 15 Parking
- 16 ACM RELATED POSTS
- 17 Hair Loss Treatment? Yes, it’s called the FACTOR 4 miracle treatment of the century!
- 18 FACTOR 4 : The New Way To Rejuvenate
- 19 Skin Rejuvenation – Early Intervention Works Best
- 20 LASER GENESIS – FOR NO DOWNTIME FACIAL REJUVENATION
- 21 Everything You Need to Know About Facial Skin Needling With the Dermapen 4
- 22 Why Tear Trough Fillers Help With Loss of Volume
- 23 Top 5 Acne Treatments Recommended By A Doctor
- 24 Non-Surgical Hand Rejuvenation For Younger Looking Hands
- 25 Thread Lift – Is This The New Facelift?
- 26 Kleresca Skin Rejuvenation – The Natural Way To Restore Skin Volume
- 27 V2 Beauty Booster – Skin Rejuvenation Like No Other
- 28 Biostimulation – The 4 answers to naturally rejuvenating your skin at Advanced Cosmetic Medicine.
- 29 Top 5 Reasons Why LED Phototherapy is Everyone’s Favourite!
- 30 Laser Genesis – Hollywood’s skin rejuvenation secret
- 31 FACTOR 4 – Hair Loss Treatment
- 32 Did you know laser Genesis is great for Acne Scars!
- 33 Laser Genesis – The New Age Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation