Skin Needling Adelaide
Micro needling or skin needling has been heralded as the best and most non invasive way to make your skin appear more youthful. It helps to plump your skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The best part is that it delivers lasting results with repeat treatments required yearly.
The micro needling procedure involves passing an oscillating needle device over the skin of the neck and face area. This creates controlled micro punctures which forces your skin to go into repair mode.
Many people are put off by the thought of needles in their face and the associated bleeding that may cause!! For the doubters …DO NOT DISCARD THIS TECHNIQUE straight away. The benefits of this technique are immense and it utilises the natural healing ability of the skin. The micro needle size can be adjusted in length from 0.5mm to 3.0mm in length. The device is also capable of being used around the delicate eye area.
After your procedure when the skin starts repairing itself and producing collagen and elastin as part of the repair process. The collagen and elastic are responsible for giving back the skin it’s natural volume and plumpness. You will notice an improved and more youthful skin tone with reduced pore size. It also helps to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Skin needling is the perfect way to rejuvenate your face and requires minimal effort or down time.
We look forward to your visit.
Dr Rahma Targett
What is Skin Needling?
Phase one is the application phase and involves using the MDerma needling device and applying it to the skin. This caused hundreds of very small punctures, causing micro trauma to the problematic area.
Phase two is the healing phase whereby the skin begins to heal itself, producing healthy skin cells, new collagen and elastin.
Phase three is the post treatment phase. The skin becomes rejuvenated and appears tighter, fuller and fresher and eliminates fine lines.
What Is Micro Needling Used For?
- Enlaged pores, dull skin, fine lines
- All types of scars including acne scars
- Plumping the skin with new collagen to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How Does The MDerma Skin Needling Device Work?
It uses sterile and disposable needle cartridges that can only be used once, for optimal patient safety. Each cartridge has multiple needles which oscillate back and forth that cause small micro channels in the skin, stimulating the natural production of collagen. Topical agents may be applied to the skin such as Factor 4 autologous serum or different vitamin infusions. The micro channels carry the topical nutrients, feeding the cells in the dermis and basal layer, accelerating the regeneration of the epidermal cells.
The Procedure Explained
Please arrive to your appointment without any makeup on. The skin is first cleaned and numbing cream is applied and left on for about thirty minutes. This will help minimise the discomfort experienced during the procedure. Most patients rate the discomfort about three out of ten.
The skin is then treated with the micro needling device so that the device covers each area about fifteen times. Your face will experience an even flushing. The flushing and redness may last for up to a day on average. Most clients are able to return to their normal activities after the procedure with the help of some mineral makeup.
The procedure will normally take about forty five minutes to complete.
How Does The Procedure Compare to Laser Rejuvenation?
Both treatments initiate a healing response that results in a healthier, younger appearing skin. Both treatments stimulate elastin and collagen production, resulting in healthy glowing skin. Laser uses light energy to generate a heat injury beneath the skins surface. Skin needling on the other hand uses needles to make micro channels in the skin, thus causing a healing response.
Advantages of micro needling include;
1. leaves the skin surface intact, so there is a lower risk of infection and scaring.
2. It does not use heat, so there is less risk of hyperpigmentation
3. Laser can cause uneven pigmentation and flare ups of melisma or rosacea.
4. Laser treatments can be more painful and take longer to heal
5. Skin needling allows adjustable depth catering for individual skin types and conditions.
How Many Treatments Are Needed?
We recommend a series of three micro needling treatments, with each treatment being performed five to six weeks apart. Scar treatment may need up to six treatments to receive the optimal outcomes. Yearly follow up treatments are also recommended to maintain the results.
When Will I Start To See Results?
After the first week the skin should feel more hydrated. You may also get some skin peeling which can help fade hyperpigmentation.
The main goal is collagen and elastic formation to plump the skin. This takes time. The results are gradual and accumulative. Over an eight week period most patients report improvements in skin texture and skin colour. It is important to complete the full series of treatments to see the maximum benefit.
When Is Skin Needling Contraindicated?
- You must wait two weeks after having injectable filer or anti wrinkle injections performed.
- Treatment is not to be done on raised moles warts or infected lesions.
- If the patient is pregnant.
- Active outbreaks of acne or herpes or rosacea.
- Patients with diabetes or wound healing deficits.
- Those with acute eczema, hypersensitive skin, or if you have sun burnt skin should also avoid the technique.
What Is The Post Treatment Care?
For the fist two days;
- Do not use acidic skin care products, glycolic acid or retinol.
- Do not rub or touch your face as you may introduce infection.
- Do not use spray on tans.
- Avoid makeup.
- Avoid sun exposure.
“Skin Needling Explained” – by Shaun Baldwin
Before & After
Please See Our Home Page on Facial Rejuvenation
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
- 1 Skin Needling Adelaide
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine
- 4 What is Skin Needling?
- 5 What Is Micro Needling Used For?
- 6 How Does The MDerma Skin Needling Device Work?
- 7 The Procedure Explained
- 8 How Does The Procedure Compare to Laser Rejuvenation?
- 9 How Many Treatments Are Needed?
- 10 When Will I Start To See Results?
- 11 When Is Skin Needling Contraindicated?
- 12 What Is The Post Treatment Care?
- 13 “Skin Needling Explained” – by Shaun Baldwin
- 14 Before & After
- 15 Please See Our Home Page on Facial Rejuvenation
- 16 Skin Rejuvenation
- 17 ACM Price List
- 18 Our Location