Skin Rejuvenation - Adelaide
Ageing takes its toll on us all. As we begin to get older we notice changes in our skin, such as fine lines and wrinkles, sagging, loss of volume, large pores and pigmentation. Skin rejuvenation is now a possibility for all of us.
At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine we specialise in restoring your skin and anti-ageing procedures. After the age of twenty, our skin begins to lose the vital building blocks that are necessary for vital, youthful appearing skin. These building blocks are; collagen, elastin and collagen. The goal of facial and skin rejuvenation is to replace these vital building blocks in the skin to restore the skins youthful appearance.
1. Skin rejuvenation treatments boost collagen and elastin production to tighten and smooth the skin, eliminating fine lines and wrinkles and restoring volume.
2. The treatments can improve uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and discolouration.
3. The skin is resurfaced and exfoliated to improve texture, removing acne scars, dark spots, and other blemishes.
4. Skin rejuvenation treatments hydrate the skin significantly, creating a radiant, healthy complexion that revitalises an individual’s appearance.
5. Uses the body's natural healing mechanisms to promote collagen and elastin formation within the skin
How it works
What concerns can be treated with skin rejuvenation?
Our skin rejuvenation treatment is highly customisable. Dr Targett will evaluate your skin type and concerns to formulate a treatment plan with the right combination of methods that will combat multiple skin concerns.
Our skin rejuvenation treatment helps reduce multiple concerns, such as:
- Static wrinkles and fine lines
- Skin laxity
- Hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and discolouration
- Age spots, sunspots, freckles, and melasma
- Facial scarring caused by trauma or acne
- Broken capillaries, rosacea, and other vascular skin conditions
- Skin depressions and volume loss
Methods of skin rejuvenation
There are two approaches to restoring these basic building blocks. Dermal fillers are an artificial way of supplementing the skin with collagen. Collagen works by attracting water molecules to boost the volume of your skin. Although dermal fillers can produce instant results, their effects last only for about three months.
A more natural approach to skin rejuvenation, however one that takes much longer to take effect, is to induce the body to produce elastin and collagen. Not only is it natural but the results are long-lasting as well. Techniques that induce the body to produce more collagen include; Laser Genesis, Thread Lift, Factor 4, NuEra Tight and Bio Stimulation Dermal Fillers.
Interestingly, anti-wrinkle injections work by causing the muscle to relax and the skin to stretch as a consequence. The effect of stretching the skin is to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. The goal is to restore lost volume, which anti-wrinkle injections do not do. Often the combination of anti-wrinkle injections together with a volume-enhancing procedure such as dermal fillers or factor 4, laser genesis of NuEra Tight has the best results.
What should I expect from the treatment?
You will need to consult with Dr Targett before undergoing your skin rejuvenation treatment, where your skin will be evaluated to understand its skin type and concerns present. You will disclose your medical history and your desired outcomes for the treatment. This is important so that Dr Targett can create a personalised treatment plan that combines the right treatments for you and your skin.
Therefore, because this treatment is customised for every patient, the procedure process is different for every individual. However, most of the skin rejuvenation treatments we offer in combination have very minimal downtime, and once performed, patients can continue their daily activities. Most treatments take between 15-60 minutes and can provide gradual, lasting results.
Are there any associated risks and complications?
Any cosmetic treatments patients choose to undergo have associated potential risks and complications, and it is essential to be aware of them before going ahead with any treatment. Skin rejuvenation treatments may have the following risks and complications:
- Patients with cold sores, herpes, acne, or infections in treatment areas may experience a resurgence of their condition
- Skin pigmentation irregularities
- Poor wound healing
- Pain or itchiness
- Skin surface or texture irregularities
- Worsening acne
Dr Targett will provide you with personalised aftercare instructions to minimise the potential for associated risks or complications, and patients must follow these instructions to achieve optimal results.
Dr Rahma Targett
Dr Rahma Targett is a General Practitioner(FRACGP), with a specialty in Cosmetic Medicine. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in 2016 and has since become well known as a trusted and in demand Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide. She has a Diploma in Dermoscopy and a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett is a leader in her field and regularly attends Cosmetic conferences to keep up to date with modern aesthetic techniques. At advanced Cosmetic Medicine you can always be reassured that you will be welcomed and treated personally by Dr Rahma Targett.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
Are there any contraindications for skin rejuvenation treatments?
Dr Targett will determine whether any contraindications may make you unsuitable for skin rejuvenation treatments. The following patients may not be suitable:
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Individuals with an active infection in the treatment area
- Individuals with a history of skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Individuals with darker skin tones may not be suited to some laser treatments
- Individuals with skin that scars easily, with a tendency to form thick, hypertrophic or keloid scars
How many treatments will I need?
You may need several treatments depending on your skin concerns, especially for patients with problems such as acne scarring. Some treatments may need to be done at specific intervals to ensure proper healing and optimal results.
Do skin rejuvenation treatments hurt?
Most patients report very minimal discomfort, if any, during different skin rejuvenation treatments. Depending on the type of treatment, a patient’s health, and whether they request it, we can provide anaesthesia or topical numbing creams to ensure no pain or discomfort is experienced during the treatments.