Skin Needling (CIT) - Microneedling Adelaide
Unlock the Secret to Flawless Skin with Skin Needling: Transform Your Complexion from Dull to Radiant!
Are you tired of dealing with stubborn acne scars, wrinkles, or uneven skin texture that keep you from feeling confident in your own skin? Look no further than the revolutionary technique of skin needling. This cutting-edge procedure, also known as microneedling or collagen induction therapy, has taken the beauty world by storm, and for good reason.
Skin needling works its magic by creating controlled micro-injuries on the skin's surface using fine needles. Don't let the term "injuries" scare you away! These tiny punctures stimulate the skin's natural healing process, triggering a cascade of rejuvenation that leads to remarkable transformations. As your skin repairs itself, collagen and elastin production increase, resulting in a smoother, firmer, and more youthful complexion.
The beauty of skin needling lies in its versatility. It can address a wide range of skincare concerns, from diminishing fine lines and wrinkles to fading acne scars and reducing hyperpigmentation. Whether you're dealing with the aftermath of acne breakouts, sun damage, or the signs of aging, skin needling is here to revitalize your skin and restore your confidence.
But it doesn't end there. Skin needling also improves the absorption of your favorite skincare products, allowing them to penetrate deeper into the skin and deliver even better results. Imagine the power of combining your potent serums and moisturizers with a treatment that maximizes their effectiveness. The possibilities for achieving your skin goals are endless!
Don't let the imperfections of your skin hold you back any longer. Embrace the transformative power of skin needling and unlock the secret to flawless, radiant skin. Book a consult with Advanced Cosmetic Medicine to learn more about this game-changing procedure and start your journey towards a complexion that makes you feel truly confident and beautiful. Get ready to experience the glowing results that countless others are already raving about. Your radiant skin awaits!
1: Scar reduction:
- Scar reduction: Minimizes the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, burns, or trauma.
2: Facial rejuvenation:
Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and improves skin tone, texture, and pigmentation.
3. Safe for different skin types:
Lower risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring, making it safer for ethnic or dark skin.
4. Suitable for sensitive skin:
Can be used on thin and sensitive skin without causing irritation.
5. Well-tolerated by patients:
Patients find the treatment comfortable and easily acceptable.
6. Minimal downtime:
Patients can resume regular activities within a few days, depending on the depth of the treatment.
How it works
What is skin needling / microneedling?
Skin needling, also known as micro-needling or CIT (collagen induction therapy), is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that aims to rejuvenate the skin.
It involves using a specialized device with tiny, fine needles to create controlled micro-injuries in the skin's surface. These micro-injuries stimulate the skin's natural healing process, triggering the production of new collagen and elastin.
As a result, skin texture is improved, and common concerns such as wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin tone may be diminished.
Skin needling is a versatile treatment suitable for various skin types and can be performed on the face, neck, hands, and other body areas to promote a more youthful and revitalized appearance.
How does skin needling work?
As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound. The microchannels created spontaneously close after 10 minutes so that epidermal barrier integrity remains intact.
The needles injure superficial dermal collagen strands and small blood vessels triggering a controlled cascade of inflammation including the release of platelet-derived growth factors transforming growth factor-alpha and beta (TGF β-3), connective tissue activating protein, connective tissue growth factor, and fibroblast growth factor.
These lead to the production of new collagen, elastin, and capillaries.
Neovascularisation and neocollagenesis lead to thickened skin and a reduction of scars, with improved skin texture, firmness, and hydration.
Why is collagen so important to our skins health?
Collagen, the primary protein in our bodies, plays a crucial role in maintaining the skin's firmness, elasticity, and overall appearance. However, as we age, collagen production decreases, leading to thin and fragile skin prone to sagging and wrinkles.
Factors like sun exposure, smoking, and poor diet can further contribute to collagen deterioration. Our skin needling treatment focuses on stimulating collagen production, restoring your skin's youthfulness.
Through increased collagen, your skin regains firmness, tightness, and smoothness, restoring elasticity and volume.
Experience a rejuvenated and radiant complexion with our skin needling procedure at Advanced Cosmetic Medicine.
What to expect during a Skin Needling procedure?
The skin needling procedure, also known as micro-needling or collagen induction therapy, is a non-surgical treatment for various skin concerns. Here's what you can expect during a typical skin needling procedure:
- Preparation: The treatment area is thoroughly cleansed to ensure it is free from any dirt or impurities.
- Numbing: A topical numbing cream may be applied to the treatment area to minimize any discomfort. In some cases, a local anesthetic may be used for deeper treatments or more sensitive areas.
- Needle application: A specialized device with tiny, fine needles is gently pressed against the skin and moved in a controlled manner. The needles create microscopic punctures, or channels, in the skin's surface.
- Stimulation of skin rejuvenation: The micro-punctures created by the needles trigger the skin's natural healing response. This leads to the production of new collagen and elastin fibers, which help improve the skin's texture, tone, and overall appearance.
- Application of serums or growth factors (optional): In some cases, serums or growth factors may be applied to the treated skin during or after the needling process. These substances can further enhance the rejuvenation process and nourish the skin.
- Post-treatment care: After the procedure, your healthcare provider will provide specific instructions for post-treatment care. This may include using gentle cleansers, moisturizers, and sun protection to aid in the healing process.
- Procedure duration: The duration of the procedure can vary depending on the treated area and the severity of the concern, typically taking anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.
- Treatment frequency: It is generally recommended to have a minimum of 6 weeks between two treatments. This allows sufficient time for new natural collagen to form, ensuring the best results.
Overall, a skin needling procedure is designed to promote skin renewal and address various concerns such as acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tone, and texture. It is a minimally invasive treatment option that can be customized to suit individual needs and goals.
Are there any risks or side effects involved with skin needling?
While micro-needling is generally considered a safe and minimally invasive treatment, it's important to be aware of the potential risks and complications associated with any cosmetic procedure.
Some possible risks of skin needling include skin irritation, swelling, discomfort, redness, bruising, dryness, flaking, bleeding (for individuals with bleeding disorders or on blood-thinning medications), infection, and changes in skin pigmentation.
We prioritize patient safety by thoroughly assessing suitability for the treatment and providing proper aftercare instructions to minimize the chances of encountering any risks or complications.
As with any cosmetic procedure, it's essential to have a comprehensive understanding of the potential risks involved and make an informed decision based on your individual circumstances.
Skin needling can be a standalone treatment or combined with Factor 4, PRP or NCTF
Skin needling can be used as a standalone treatment to address various skin concerns. It stimulates collagen production, improves skin texture, and reduces the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. It is a versatile procedure that can be performed on its own or combined with other treatments for enhanced results.
Skin needling combined with Factor 4
Skin needling, when combined with Factor 4, creates a powerful synergy in skincare. Factor 4, which harnesses the body's growth factors and cytokines, amplifies the effects of skin needling for enhanced results.
During a skin needling treatment, Factor 4 is applied topically or injected into the microchannels created by the needles. The growth factors and cytokines in Factor 4 further stimulate collagen production, accelerate healing, and promote skin rejuvenation.
This combination intensifies the revitalizing effects of skin needling, leading to a plumper, more youthful complexion with improved texture and diminished signs of aging.
Experience the transformative power of skin needling with the added benefits of Factor 4 for ultimate skin rejuvenation. At ACM we always recommend Factor 4 treatment over PRP because it has four times the number of growth factors! PRP is always available to those that seek it...
Skin needling combines with PRP
Skin needling combined with PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) therapy creates a dynamic duo in skin rejuvenation. The process begins with a skin needling treatment, where fine needles create microchannels in the skin's surface. Afterward, PRP, derived from the patient's own blood, is applied topically or injected into the treated area.
PRP contains a high concentration of platelets, growth factors, and cytokines, which stimulate collagen production and promote tissue repair. When combined with skin needling, PRP enhances the rejuvenation process, accelerating healing, improving skin texture, and reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars.
The result is a revitalized complexion with improved tone, elasticity, and a youthful glow. Skin needling combined with PRP offers a natural and effective approach to achieving radiant and youthful-looking skin.
Skin needling combined with NCTF Boost
Skin needling can be effectively combined with NCTF (New Cellular Treatment Factor), a complex cocktail of revitalizing ingredients. During a skin needling treatment, the fine needles create microchannels in the skin, allowing for better absorption of the NCTF solution.
NCTF contains a blend of hyaluronic acid, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants that work synergistically to nourish and rejuvenate the skin. When applied topically or infused into the microchannels created by skin needling, NCTF enhances the results of the treatment. It helps to stimulate collagen production, improve skin texture, and promote a more radiant complexion.
The combination of skin needling and NCTF provides a comprehensive approach to skin rejuvenation, addressing multiple skin concerns and promoting overall skin health. It is a powerful treatment option that can leave your skin looking refreshed, revitalized, and more youthful.
What post treatment care is required?
After undergoing skin needling, it's important to follow proper post-procedure care. The doctor at ACM will provide you with instructions to take home after your procedure.
- Keep the treated area clean and avoid touching it unnecessarily.
- Follow the post-treatment instructions provided by your healthcare professional.
- Apply any prescribed or recommended post-treatment products, such as healing ointments or serums.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and use sunscreen with a high SPF to protect the treated area from harmful UV rays.
- Avoid applying makeup or other cosmetics to the treated area for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid excessive sweating and strenuous exercise for a few days after the procedure.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or using hot tubs for a few days.
- Gently cleanse the treated area with a mild, non-irritating cleanser and pat it dry.
- Moisturize the treated area regularly to keep it hydrated and promote healing.
- If any unusual or concerning symptoms occur, such as persistent redness, swelling, or infection, contact your healthcare professional for guidance.
If you should have any concerns or unexpected reactions to your treatment, please call ACM on 0403 690031 immediately.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
What is skin needling?
Phase one is the application phase and involves using the MDerma needling device or Dermapen 4 and applying it to the skin. This caused hundreds of very small punctures, causing micro-trauma to the problematic area.
Phase two is the healing phase whereby the skin begins to heal itself, producing healthy skin cells, new collagen and elastin.
Phase three is the post-treatment phase. The skin becomes rejuvenated and appears tighter, fuller and fresher and eliminates fine lines.
How does the Dermapen 4 device work?
The Dermapen 4 is an advanced microneedling device used for skin rejuvenation and collagen induction therapy. It works by creating controlled micro-injuries in the skin's surface using a pen-like device with multiple fine needles.
When the Dermapen 4 is moved across the skin, the needles penetrate the upper layers, stimulating the body's natural healing response. This triggers the production of new collagen and elastin fibers, leading to improved skin texture, firmness, and elasticity.
The micro-channels created by the needles also enhance the absorption of skincare products, allowing them to penetrate deeper into the skin for maximum effectiveness.
The Dermapen 4 is a safe and effective treatment for addressing various skin concerns and promoting overall skin rejuvenation.
What is microneedling used for?
- Improving the appearance of acne scars, surgical scars, and other types of scars.
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Enhancing skin texture and tone.
- Minimizing enlarged pores.
- Treating hyperpigmentation and uneven skin pigmentation.
- Stimulating collagen production and improving skin elasticity.
- Boosting the absorption and efficacy of skincare products. Microneedling is a versatile treatment suitable for various skin types and can be performed on the face, neck, décolletage, and other body areas to achieve a more youthful and revitalized complexion.
How Does The Procedure Compare to Laser Rejuvenation?
Both treatments initiate a healing response that results in a healthier, younger appearing skin. Both treatments stimulate elastin and collagen production, resulting in healthy glowing skin. The laser uses light energy to generate a heat injury beneath the skin’s surface. Skin needling, on the other hand, uses needles to make microchannels in the skin, thus causing a healing response.
Advantages of micro-needling include;
- Leaves the skin surface intact, so there is a lower risk of infection and scarring.
- It does not use heat, so there is less risk of hyperpigmentation
- Laser treatments can cause uneven pigmentation and flare-ups of melasma or rosacea.
- Laser treatments can be more painful and take longer to heal
- Skin needling allows adjustable depth catering for individual skin types and conditions.
How Many Treatments Are Needed?
At ACM we recommend a series of three micro-needling treatments, with each treatment being performed five to six weeks apart. Scar treatment may need up to six treatments to receive optimal outcomes. Six monthly to yearly follows up treatments are also recommended to maintain the results.
When Will I Start To See Results?
The timeline for seeing results from skin needling can vary depending on several factors, including the specific skin concern being addressed and individual skin characteristics.
Generally, some immediate improvements may be noticed after the procedure, such as skin plumping and increased radiance due to temporary inflammation. However, the most significant results usually develop gradually over time as collagen production is stimulated and skin remodeling occurs. It typically takes several weeks to months to observe visible improvements in skin texture, reduction in scars or wrinkles, and overall skin rejuvenation.
Multiple sessions are often recommended to achieve optimal results, and the full benefits of skin needling may continue to manifest for several months following the treatment course.
When Is Skin Needling Contraindicated?
- Some common contraindications to skin needling include:
- Active acne or inflamed skin: Skin needling may worsen existing acne or cause further irritation and inflammation.
- Open wounds, cuts, or skin infections: Performing skin needling on areas with open wounds or infections can lead to an increased risk of spreading bacteria or causing further damage.
- Active cold sores or herpes simplex virus: Skin needling can trigger outbreaks or spread the virus to other areas of the skin.
- Skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea: These conditions can be exacerbated by skin needling and may require special consideration and management.
- History of keloid or hypertrophic scarring: Individuals prone to excessive scar formation may be at a higher risk of developing keloids or hypertrophic scars following skin needling.
- Blood clotting disorders or the use of blood-thinning medications: Skin needling can lead to bleeding, so individuals with clotting disorders or taking blood-thinning medications may be more susceptible to complications.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding: The safety of skin needling during pregnancy or breastfeeding has not been established, so caution is advised.