Plasma Skin Tightening Adelaide
Smooth, tight, young looking skin that glows is a dream for all. However, as we grow older, the skin loses its elasticity and texture, resulting in the appearance of wrinkles and loose skin. This is more visible along the area near the eyes. If you are worried about the increasing wrinkles and loosening the skin around your eyes, don’t worry. Help is at hand.
Plasma skin tightening is a good solution for your problem. it is a non-surgical blepharoplasty procedure to tighten your skin to give you a younger, refreshing look. Since it is a non-surgical procedure, you can get amazing results without going through the pain and longer downtime associated with traditional surgical treatments.
In this procedure, plasma is used on a subdermal level to lift and tighten the skin. This helps to rejuvenate the skin on the face, neck, and body, thereby giving you better, natural looks without having to undergo surgery.
We Look Forward to Your Visit.
Dr Rahma Targett
What Can Plasma Skin Tightening Do?
Plasma skin tightening is very useful for the following:
- Eyelid reconstruction, getting rid of baggy lower eyelids as well as excess upper eyelid skin
- Skin imperfections, benign lesions such as skin tags and sunspots
- Reduction of scars, including post-surgery scars and acne scars
- Reducing stretch marks
- Tightening of skin along the stomach, especially after pregnancy
- Removing lines and wrinkles around the mouth, face and other parts of the body
- Face and neck lift
How Long Will The Effects Last?
Well, the good news is, the effects normally last as long as they would with invasive surgery, although it depends on the area treated. However, the positive changes will be noticed immediately after the first treatment, with the results being the best after four weeks. The effect can last years.
In most cases, the effects are noticed almost soon after the procedure. The firmness and skin tightening gives you a young, fresh look hard to miss.
How Does Plasma Skin Tightening Work?
In this procedure, a series of tiny plasma spots are strategically placed in the skin. The hand-piece produces a tiny plasma flash from its tip, which leaps to the skin in a micro millimetre sized point. As these plasma spots are placed along the excess skin, the skin around the spot tightens up as the cells pull each other closer together.
This non-surgical treatment successfully reduces the excess skin almost instantaneously without causing damage to the surrounding areas or the skin layers. The patient can resume regular activities immediately as discomfort will be negligible.
About The Treatment
As plasma skin tightening is a non-surgical treatment, it comes with minimal discomfort. A topical numbing cream is used before the procedure to avoid pain. Slight swelling and redness of the skin may be observed immediately after the treatment. This won’t last long. In most cases, this disappears in three to four days. However, a very slight redness might remain for two to three weeks.
Down Time & After Care
Since this is a non-invasive treatment, the downtime is minimal. However, the duration largely depends on the patient and the area under treatment. Some sensitive areas such as eyelids will be swollen for a few days. Few areas might weep slightly – it is normal. The spot will soon heal and they will turn into crust and flake off.
Likewise, some sort of swelling is normal after the treatment, especially around the sensitive areas. The areas around the eyes are prone to swelling that could last for a few days. Some people even experience a slight interference with vision initially. However, the application of a cold compress can help to reduce swelling. Only in cases of severe swelling requires anti-inflammatory medication and/or anti-histamine medication.
Crusting usually occurs post-treatment, as the area will turn brown or black on the surface of the skin. It will flake off soon. However, it is important not to pick the crusting as it could lead to infection or scarring. Weepy areas, if any, will also heal soon and you’ll enjoy a better skin no time.
Important After Care Measures Include;
- Leaving the carbon crusts along – NEVER scratch or remove them
- Skin can be dried by dabbing with a clean, lint-free cloth
- Sports, sauna, and swimming are off-limits until crusts fall off. An SPF 50 is to be used on the treated area for at least 30 days after treatment
- Makeups (and moisturising creams) are to be avoided for 2 weeks for better recovery and fast healing
- Direct heat sources such as the sauna, UV rays, and the sun should be avoided at least for four weeks post-treatment.
Is The Procedure Safe?
At Advanced Cosmetic Medicine, we give the safety of the patients the priority. So, we use an innovative state-of-the-art technology for plasma skin tightening. We use a European CE certified German product that meets safety, health and environmental protection requirements. What’s more – this treatment is widely popular in Europe, UK, and North America. It is the most preferred non-surgical skin lift.
You’ll meet with Dr Targett to discuss your case and she will give you the best options based on your individual need, health and skin conditions. The procedure is easy and effective. Dr Targett will walk you through everything in detail.
To book an appointment with Dr Targett call 0403 690 031 or click here to know more.
Before & After
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
- 1 Plasma Skin Tightening Adelaide
- 1.1 Dr Rahma Targett
- 1.2 “Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
- 1.3 What Can Plasma Skin Tightening Do?
- 1.4 How Long Will The Effects Last?
- 1.5 How Does Plasma Skin Tightening Work?
- 1.6 About The Treatment
- 1.7 Down Time & After Care
- 1.8 Important After Care Measures Include;
- 1.9 Is The Procedure Safe?
- 1.10 Treatment Procedure
- 1.11 Before & After
- 1.12 Our Location