Vascular Laser - Adelaide
For the millions of Australians coping with the physical, emotional and social effects of vascular skin conditions, the search for a simple and cost-effective treatment is frustrating. But good news is here because Advanced Cosmetic Medicine is one of the first in Adelaide to have unveiled a new vascular laser.
Our patients have loved this laser treatment because they can see immediate results. Spider veins and telangiectasia literally disappear before your very eyes!
1. Our vascular laser treatment will improve your complexion’s overall tone and texture, diminishing the appearance of red and brown blemishes such as scarring, stretch marks, age spots, sunspots, broken capillaries, and other pigmentation issues.
2. The Excel V system is suitable for use on all skin tones and skin types, unlike other laser treatments.
3. Collagen production in your skin is stimulated through this treatment to bring back rejuvenation and enhancement to your complexion by smoothing, tightening, and plumping your appearance.
4. This is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment that can be completed in just 10 or 15 minutes.
5. Patients often find the treatment relatively comfortable, experiencing no pain and very minimal discomfort. The laser feels like a soft rubber band snapping against the skin gently.
6. The treatment is excellent for individuals with chronic skin conditions such as rosacea and mild acne.
7. Excel V laser treatments are especially effective on prominent veins and dark circles around the eye area.
8. There is no downtime required for our Excel V laser treatments.
How it works
What is Excel V Vascular Laser?
The Excel V vascular laser system uses a unique high-power green laser to precisely treat visible vessels, broken capillaries, spider veins, vascular lesions and skin discolouration. The laser light is absorbed by abnormal blood vessels in the skin, which heats and eliminates the vessels, ultimately restoring normal skin tone and colour.
What conditions can the Excel V laser treat?
- Spider veins
- Leg veins
- Rosacea & Diffuse Redness
- Facial Telangiectasias
- Port Wine Stains
- Sun Spots
- Brown Pigmentation
How many treatments are needed?
The number of treatment with vascular laser depends on various parameters, including the size, thickness and colour of the vascular lesion. Superficial vascular lesions are usually easiest to treat: some patients might see significant improvement after just one treatment.
What should I expect during treatment?
Before undergoing our vascular laser treatment, you will need to have an in-depth consultation with Dr Targett, where she will assess your skin and the concerns present. This will allow the Excel V system to tailor the treatment to your specific skin type and targeted skin lesions.
You will be given protective eyewear to shield your eyes from the laser when undergoing the treatment. No anaesthetic or topical numbing creams need to be applied. Most patients find the vascular laser treatment comfortable, equating the feeling to a warm rubber band gently snapping on the skin. The Excel V system also has built-in skin cooling technology that activates before each laser “shot” to minimise potential discomfort.
The treatment takes between 15 – 30 minutes, depending on the extent of vascular lesions and other concerns being treated. Cold compresses are applied after the treatment to dissipate any remaining heat in the skin. Your skin may appear red or flushed, and there may be swelling, but these are normal post-treatment reactions. Treated pigmentation spots will darken over several days post-treatment but will shed or flake off roughly two weeks after the treatment.
How quickly can I expect results?
This will largely depend on the extent of treated vascular and skin lesions. Fine capillaries may see an instant improvement after one treatment, whilst other lesions such as brown spots may take several treatments. Leg veins may take a course of treatments over several months to achieve the maximum possible improvement. Generally, our vascular laser treatment can take between one to three treatments for the best results.
What are the possible side effects?
Although many patients report few if any side effects, those most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin. Some patients may experience bruising and, in rare instances, blistering may occur.
Before & After
Dr Rahma Targett
Dr Rahma Targett is a General Practitioner(FRACGP), with a specialty in Cosmetic Medicine. She founded Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in 2016 and has since become well known as a trusted and in demand Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide. She has a Diploma in Dermoscopy and a Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr Targett is a leader in her field and regularly attends Cosmetic conferences to keep up to date with modern aesthetic techniques. At advanced Cosmetic Medicine you can always be reassured that you will be welcomed and treated personally by Dr Rahma Targett.
Do you have more question? Please contact usCONTACT US
What are the pre treatment instructions?
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Some medications or supplements should be avoided due to increasing the risk of bruising
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing)
- History of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
What are the post treatment care instructions?
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve with time
- A “bug bite look” is common and usually resolves in 1-2 days
- Avoid heat and hot tubs for 1-2 days
- Avoid irritants a few days post treatment: Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide and glycolic/salicylic acids
Leg vein treatments only: Compression stockings are optional. Avoid high impact for 3-5 days. Hemosiderin staining (brown staining) may occur after a treatment and usually resolves with time (1-2 years) but, on a rare occasion, it may be permanent. Large leg veins may take months to resolve and should not be re-treated before then.
Are there any associated complications with the vascular laser treatment?
Although side effects are mild and there is no significant downtime required, more substantial side effects or complications can occur in rare cases. Patients must be aware of these complications before undergoing treatment, and include:
- Vessels darkening from red to blue lines
- Bruising in small areas
- Blisters or oedema swelling
- Prolonged redness or swelling over a week after treatment
- Changes to skin pigmentation
- Scarring or changes in skin texture
- Thinning of the skin
- Loss of hair
How much time is needed between treatments?
Multiple treatments are usually spaced out over four to six weeks, but this will vary based on the extent of concerns present. For example, when birthmarks are treated, an interval of eight weeks may be required between treatments.