Vascular Laser Adelaide
For the millions of Australians coping with the physical, emotional and social effects of vascular skin conditions, the search for a simple and cost-effective treatment is frustrating. But good news is here because Advanced Cosmetic Medicine is one of the first in Adelaide to have unveiled a new vascular laser, cosmetic laser treatment to meet the needs of those suffering from rosacea, spider veins, skin discolouration, and other cosmetic conditions. Our patients have loved this laser treatment because they can see immediate results. Spider veins and telangiectasia literally disappear before your very eyes!
We look forward to your visit.
Dr Rahma Targett
Excel V Vascular Laser
Dr Rahma Targett of Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in Adelaide is now treating their patients for facial and leg vascular skin conditions with Excel V™ a new non invasive vascular laser system designed to deliver customised treatments.
The Excel V system uses a unique high-power green laser to precisely treat visible vessels, broken capillaries, spider veins, vascular lesions and skin discolouration. The laser light is absorbed by abnormal blood vessels in the skin, which heats and eliminates the vessels, ultimately restoring normal skin tone and colour.
The technology in the Excel V has been proven effective in treating a wide range of skin conditions, including rosacea, facial veins, port wine stains, cherry angiomas and telangiectasia.
Dr Targett of Advanced Cosmetic Medicine says the Excel V vascular laser system provides a safe and effective alternative to non-laser treatment options for these skin conditions. To date, treatments for some of these conditions have been limited due to their invasiveness or unwanted side effects, Excel V provides a reliable, noninvasive treatment that is highly effective and well tolerated by patients. The design of the laser includes a unique cooling mechanism to prevent damage to surrounding skin, and minimal downtime for patients.
Treatment with the Excel V cosmetic laser system can be customised to each patient’s unique skin condition and can be adjusted to treat different depths and sizes, from superficial blemishes to deep vascular lesions. For patient safety, treatment is not recommended while skin is tanned by self tanners or sun exposure.
What conditions can Excel V cosmetic laser or vascular laser treat?
- Spider veins
- Leg veins
- Rosacea & Diffuse Redness
- Facial Telangiectasias
- Port Wine Stains
- Sun Spots
- Brown Pigmentation
- Cherry Angiomas
- Large Pores
- Wrinkle Reduction
- Uneven Texture
Frequently Asked Questions
The number of treatment depends on various parameters, including the size, thickness and colour of the vascular lesion. Superficial vascular lesions are usually easiest to treat; some patients might see significant improvement after just one treatment.
Although many patients report few if any side effects, those most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin. Some patients may experience bruising and, in rare instances, blistering may occur.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Some medications or supplements should be avoided due to increasing the risk of bruising
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing)
- History of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve with time
- A “bug bite look” is common and usually resolves in 1-2 days
- Avoid heat and hot tubs for 1-2 days
- Avoid irritants a few days post treatment: Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide and glycolic/salicylic acids
Leg vein treatments only: Compression stockings are optional. Avoid high impact for 3-5 days. Hemosiderin staining (brown staining) may occur after a treatment and usually resolves with time (1-2 years) but, on a rare occasion, it may be permanent. Large leg veins may take months to resolve and should not be re-treated before then.
Vascular Laser Treatments
ACM Blog Posts
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
- 1 Vascular Laser Adelaide
- 1.1 Dr Rahma Targett
- 1.2 “Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
- 1.3 Excel V Vascular Laser
- 1.4 What conditions can Excel V cosmetic laser or vascular laser treat?
- 1.5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.6 Vascular Laser Treatments
- 1.7 ACM Blog Posts
- 1.8 Our Location