VASCULAR LASER ADELAIDE
For the millions of Australians coping with the physical, emotional and social effects of vascular skin conditions, the search for a simple and cost-effective treatment is frustrating. But good news is here because Advanced Cosmetic Medicine is one of the first in Adelaide to have unveiled a new vascular laser, cosmetic laser treatment to meet the needs of those suffering from rosacea, spider veins, skin discolouration, and other cosmetic conditions. Our patients have loved this laser treatment because they can see immediate results. Spider veins and telangiectasia literally disappear before your very eyes!
Read on for more information and we look forward to your visit.
"Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology with a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field, and the mother of two children.
Excel V Vascular Laser
Dr Rahma Targett of Advanced Cosmetic Medicine in Adelaide is now treating their patients for facial and leg vascular skin conditions with Excel V™ a new non-invasive vascular laser system designed to deliver customised treatments.
The Excel V system uses a unique high-power green laser to precisely treat visible vessels, broken capillaries, spider veins, vascular lesions and skin discolouration. The laser light is absorbed by abnormal blood vessels in the skin, which heats and eliminates the vessels, ultimately restoring normal skin tone and colour.
The technology in the Excel V has been proven effective in treating a wide range of skin conditions, including rosacea, facial veins, port wine stains, cherry angiomas and telangiectasia.
Dr Targett of Advanced Cosmetic Medicine says the Excel V vascular laser system provides a safe and effective alternative to non-laser treatment options for these skin conditions. To date, treatments for some of these conditions have been limited due to their invasiveness or unwanted side effects, Excel V provides a reliable, noninvasive treatment that is highly effective and well-tolerated by patients. The design of the laser includes a unique cooling mechanism to prevent damage to surrounding skin and minimal downtime for patients.
Treatment with the Excel V cosmetic laser system can be customised to each patient’s unique skin condition and can be adjusted to treat different depths and sizes, from superficial blemishes to deep vascular lesions. For patient safety, treatment is not recommended while skin is tanned by self-tanners or sun exposure.
What conditions can Excel V cosmetic laser or vascular laser treat?
- Spider veins
- Leg veins
- Rosacea & Diffuse Redness
- Facial Telangiectasias
- Port Wine Stains
- Sun Spots
- Brown Pigmentation
- Cherry Angiomas
- Large Pores
- Wrinkle Reduction
- Uneven Texture
Frequently Asked Questions
The number of treatment depends on various parameters, including the size, thickness and colour of the vascular lesion. Superficial vascular lesions are usually easiest to treat: some patients might see significant improvement after just one treatment.
Although many patients report few if any side effects, those most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin. Some patients may experience bruising and, in rare instances, blistering may occur.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Some medications or supplements should be avoided due to increasing the risk of bruising
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing)
- History of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve with time
- A “bug bite look” is common and usually resolves in 1-2 days
- Avoid heat and hot tubs for 1-2 days
- Avoid irritants a few days post treatment: Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide and glycolic/salicylic acids
Leg vein treatments only: Compression stockings are optional. Avoid high impact for 3-5 days. Hemosiderin staining (brown staining) may occur after a treatment and usually resolves with time (1-2 years) but, on a rare occasion, it may be permanent. Large leg veins may take months to resolve and should not be re-treated before then.
Vascular Laser Treatments
Price of Vascular Laser
|Vascular Laser (for 15 minutes)||$350|
Before and After Having Vascular Laser
Other Related Pages
"At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
Please make phone bookings during opening hours.
Online bookings available 24/7
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
Unit 58/41-47 Melbourne St
Ph: 0403 690 031
Dr Targett will be away on annual leave from 24th Dec 2019 until 17th Jan 2020. When she returns, she will be available at Unit 58, 41-47 Melbourne Street at the following times;
|Monday||10:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am to 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am to 6.00pm|
|Thursday||10:30pm to 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am to 5:00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 2:00pm|
Free car park is available on Dunn St or free on street parking on Melbourne St if available.
VASCULAR LASER ADELAIDE
- 1.1 Dr R.Targett
- 1.2 "Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine"
- 1.3 Excel V Vascular Laser
- 1.4 What conditions can Excel V cosmetic laser or vascular laser treat?
- 1.5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.6 Vascular Laser Treatments
- 1.7 Price of Vascular Laser
- 1.9 Before and After Having Vascular Laser
- 1.10 Other Related Pages
- 1.11 "At ACM it is our promise to work with you in a spirit of honesty and collaboration to help you achieve your aesthetic goals."
- 1.12 Our Location
- 1.13 Opening Times
- 1.14 Parking
- 1.15 Recent Blogs
- 1.16 Why Have My Anti Wrinkle Injections Stopped Working?
- 1.17 Discover The Wonders Of Modern Chemical Peels
- 1.18 The Treatment For Sunken Scars That You Have Been Looking For
- 1.19 Anti-wrinkle injection for TMJ Disorder Relief: I Tried It, and Yes, It’s Effective
- 1.20 Can the Paleo Diet Help Your Acne?