Thread Lift Adelaide
A thread lift is a kind of facelift that is frequently referred to as the “lunchtime lift.” This is because of its simplicity and the minimal time it takes to carry out the process. A small entry will be made in the desired region and then thin threads are advanced along pre-marked contours. Your body then begins to develop new bundles of collagen which encompass each thread and this in turn results in a subtle yet effective lift. The outcomes differ for each individual but look very natural giving a revitalized and refreshed look. There is no scaring and recuperation times are much less than those associated with traditional surgery.
We look forward to your visit.
Dr Rahma Targett
“Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
Dr Targett is qualified in Primary Care Dermatology and has a special interest in Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Medicine.
She is a natural results advocate, facial shaping artist, ambassador of elegance, leader in her field and mother of two children.
What is Thread Lift Therapy?
Thread Lift therapy is an effective cosmetic method that lifts and tightens drooping skin tissues by inducing collagen production. It involves the implantation of thin, absorbable polydioxanone threads (similar to those used in medical suturing) into the subcutaneous layer of the skin using miniaturized needles. These threads stay implanted in the skin resulting in micro-injuries that stimulate collagen production and tissue contraction. After six months, the threads will be absorbed into the body leaving new collagen in their place.
The process is usually carried out using a local anaesthetic, and takes between 45 and 60 minutes, depending on the treatment region. Side effects are minimal but may comprise puffiness and bruising that lasts 2-3 days, and individuals can proceed with ordinary activities right away.
Thread Lift therapy can be used on the cheeks, brow, jawline, neck, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, arms, thighs and abdomen. The lifting effect is at its prime after 6 months when collagen has formed around the threads and lasts between 12-15 months.
Polydioxanone (PDO) is used for biomedical applications, especially in cardiothoracic surgery because it is completely absorbed by hydrolysis within 4 to 6 months and does not create any scar tissue.
Using local anaesthetic, the threads are passed into the sagging facial element with a special guide needle. The threads are then able to catch on to the droopy soft-tissue and muscle of the desired area. Nearly all individuals feel minimal bruising or puffiness for 1-7 days.
The Thread Lift is not painful and most individuals can return to ordinary activities with makeup the next day. The threads stay where they are inserted and, like all inner sutures, are typically well tolerated by the body.
Candidates for Thread Lift
The best candidates for a thread facelift are those in their 30’s to 60’s and have a relatively good skin tone. Most are starting to have drooping in their face or neck but do not have extremely loose skin or sagging facial regions that might necessitate a more rigorous facelift surgery. If signs of ageing are relatively minimal, a thread lift may be an effective way to make cosmetic enhancements while avoiding facelift scarring which sometimes occurs after more intensive surgical procedures.
Which Areas Can Be Treated?
- Upper and lower cheeksForeheads (brow lift)
- Foreheads (brow lift)
- Jawline, Neck
- Naso-labial folds (nose to mouth lines)
- Marionette lines (corners of the mouth)
When Will I Start Seeing Results?
There is a rapid improvement seen after the PDO thread lift treatments with a visible lift in the regions treated. This will improve over a span of 2-6 months as fresh collagen develops between the threads and gives further lift and tightening to the skin. The PDO threads gradually dissolve over about 6 months, but the resulting lift remains for 9-12 months.
What Are The Possible Side Effects??
Side effects that may be seen include;
- Foreign body reaction/granuloma
- Needle hematoma
- Facial Nerve Trauma
Price of Thread Lift
Before and After Thread Lift
Two Weeks After Procedure
Other Related Pages
Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
Advanced Cosmetic Medicine
55,55 Melbourne St,
Ph: 0403 690 031
|Tuesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Wednesday||1.30pm to 7.30pm|
|Thursday||12.30pm to 6.00pm|
|Friday||12.00pm to 6.00pm
|Saturday||9:00am to 3.00pm|
ACM RELATED POSTS
- 1 Thread Lift Adelaide
- 2 Dr Rahma Targett
- 3 “Trust Your Face to a Doctor Trained in Dermatology and Cosmetic Medicine”
- 4 What is Thread Lift Therapy?
- 5 Candidates for Thread Lift
- 6 Which Areas Can Be Treated?
- 7 When Will I Start Seeing Results?
- 8 What Are The Possible Side Effects??
- 9 Price of Thread Lift
- 10 Before and After Thread Lift
- 11 Other Related Pages
- 12 Be In Control of Your Appearance And Confidence. Come And See Us or Make an Enquiry Today
- 13 Our Location
- 14 Opening Times
- 15 Parking
- 16 ACM RELATED POSTS
- 17 We’ve Found An Anti-Aging Treatment That Actually Works
- 18 The “Vampire Facial” Arrives In Adelaide And It’s Better Than Ever!
- 19 Factor4 Launches In Adelaide, Superseding ‘Vampire Facials’ In The Quest For Youth
- 20 Hair Loss Treatment? Yes, it’s called the FACTOR 4 miracle treatment of the century!
- 21 FACTOR 4 : The New Way To Rejuvenate
- 22 Skin Rejuvenation – Early Intervention Works Best
- 23 LASER GENESIS – FOR NO DOWNTIME FACIAL REJUVENATION
- 24 Everything You Need to Know About Facial Skin Needling With the Dermapen 4
- 25 Why Tear Trough Fillers Help With Loss of Volume
- 26 Top 5 Acne Treatments Recommended By A Doctor
- 27 Non-Surgical Hand Rejuvenation For Younger Looking Hands
- 28 Thread Lift – Is This The New Facelift?
- 29 Kleresca Skin Rejuvenation – The Natural Way To Restore Skin Volume
- 30 V2 Beauty Booster – Skin Rejuvenation Like No Other
- 31 Biostimulation – The 4 answers to naturally rejuvenating your skin at Advanced Cosmetic Medicine.
- 32 Top 5 Reasons Why LED Phototherapy is Everyone’s Favourite!
- 33 Laser Genesis – Hollywood’s skin rejuvenation secret
- 34 FACTOR 4 – Hair Loss Treatment
- 35 Did you know laser Genesis is great for Acne Scars!
- 36 Laser Genesis – The New Age Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation